1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

E-mail Back from Doctor Who Has Worked With Retroviruses for 35 Years

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Mya Symons, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    He says he does not know much about CFS so this seems like a good idea. Is the .pdf version archived somewhere on the Phoenix Rising site? If not I will look on the net.

2. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    In response to this e-mail being posted on another forum.

I am Rebecca. Mya is not my real name. This letter was sent to me by this doctor a few days ago. I never said it was the latest research. It is just an e-mail I received and posted here because I thought it would give us a perspective on what doctors involved in retrovirology, but not involved in HGRV, XMRV, MuLv related virus research might be thinking right now. This man is a very nice man. I did not give permission to have my letter posted on another site and picked apart. The last thing I wanted to do was insult him. There is no conspiracy. I am so glad I decided not to post his name.

This was a personal e-mail sent to me. Please don't post my letters on another forum without my permission. Thank you!!!

3. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

A TARDIS, as anyone with some Latin might guess, is a rather slow space ship. Speed becomes irrelevant once you realize it can also travel in time. It might take a million years to travel between stars, but a quick jaunt through time makes up for this. Subjective time fits neatly into the requirements of low-budget TV production.

Ever since this thread started the burning question on my mind has been "What was the date on Dr. Who's reply?" That would allow us to start planning schedules of recovery.:D

4. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    I am sorry. I am not sure what you mean. Could you please explain?

5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I think anciendaze is kidding and talking about the fictional Dr Who TV series - i.e. the idea that Dr Who has seen the cure in the future and sent you an email about it! Sorry we have confused your thread with talking about Dr Who, we love that series and we're all happy about the email you got from your relative. I think we are all just really happy and excited this week! :D

6. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    No problem. It is definately a happy week. And, now I am interested in watching this Dr. Who show. He sounds inspirational. :)

7. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

But, please, not to take the good doctor any more seriously than my contribution.

Admittedly, my humor can be weird. I'm glad Sasha caught the drift. The idea, from similar episodes, is that Dr. Who knows the answer obtained in the future, but can't tell you without creating a paradox that would take no end of bother to untangle. I was suggesting the dateline alone would let us schedule our recovery, even if we didn't know the solution. After a few decades of grappling with this condition, such reasoning seems straightforward -- probably due to cognitive deficits.

8. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Hee Hee, I read the truncated title as "Email back from Dr. Who" too!
    *Love* the new Dr who. Who would have guessed it could live up to/surpass the old ones?

And by the way, everyone, I just love how smart and engaged and involved you all are.
    Whatever piece of the puzzle the MLVs turn out to be, may we all be healthy and thriving again soon, one way or another!!
    Dr. WHo?
    Just.....The Doctor...

9. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    With you there anciendaze! :D

10. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Dr Mikovits sometimes appears to be in a similar predicament...

11. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Good One!!!
    :D

See more popular forum discussions.