Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dysbiosis Treatment with ABX, KDM

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Banana94, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    Did this help for you Aubry? Did you have them?

2. Aubry

Aubry Senior Member

Yes but i'm still sick :(

3. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    I'm so sorry for you :(
    this doesn't sounds hopeful.. What is he doing after treating the gut? Does he have other treatment options than ABX?

4. unicorn7

unicorn7

Last time I was there, he told me that, from oktober on, he would have an extra day to do some lobbying with pharmaceutical companies. I think I read somewhere that he retired from teaching at the university, maybe he was still teaching there one day a week?

From what he said, I don't think he thinks ABX is the best treatment there is for the gut-problem, it's just all we have now. I think he's expecting a lot from that JAK-1 inhibitor.
    I think the problem with the microbiome, is that there are loads of different factors. It's not just as easy as ABX and you get rid of the bad ones and you keep the good ones.

I responded very well on my first three months of rifaximine/clindamycine. I pretty much went form moderate to mild. I started building up too fast and crashed pretty hard. I'm now trying again:nervous:

I asked what came after this and he told me, I will need to get my energy system working again, as soon as the inflammation is under control. If you try it before the inflammation is down, you will just crash again...
    From what I understood is that that means getting infusions with meyers cocktail etc.

justy and JadeD like this.
  5. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    I know its much more difficult than just get rid of the bad ones. At my opinion KDM does not enough to get your inflammation under control. He never said a word about avoiding sugar and carbs for example -> A ketogenic diet is known to be very antiinflammatory and he never lost a word about this. Just try to get rid of the bad bacterias only by ABX is not enough for the most of us. Just avoiding Dairy and Gluten like he recommends to the Foodstats antibody Test will not put our digestive tracts in remission.

I share the opinion that the inflammation must get under control. I think you can also get your energy system working again now, I think it is important also for the inflammation control.
    Did he recommend Myers cocktail? Thats just high dosed Vitamin, most of them you can take oral except high dose Vitamin C.

Hope he finds a remedy which works for the inflammation control.

6. JES

JES Senior Member

Well I wouldn't blame KDM specifically for that. What medical doctor does advocate ketogenic diets? All doctors I have been to have recommended only a typical all-round diet with lots of vegetables etc. Most of us have already gone through all the diets and are still more or less sick.

7. unicorn7

unicorn7

I, for one, don't do well on a ketogenic diet. Plus that there is a chance ABX like rifaximine works less on a ketogenic diet, because starving bacteria apparently go into survival mode.

From KDM, I got the rotation diet, with lots of exclusions like wheat, dairy, egg, soy and lots of nuts. I went to the dietician who works with him and she advices especially to eat no fructose, which basically means no sugar.

Instead of just cutting a lot of stuff, I try to eat as healthy as possible. I do eat carbs, lots of vegetables, hardly any sugar though.

8. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    I can only avoid sugar if I cut all carbs out. Otherwisw I get bad cravings. If I eat carbs I get fat, so I better avoid them.

9. MartinDH

MartinDH Senior Member

I don't think that it's a good idea to avoid carbs. Bacteria that metabolise carbs will then feed themselves from the mucosal of your gut. And those bacteria aren't "bad". They are part of the human microbiome. Unless you have an overgrow...

garcia likes this.
  10. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    My digestion significantly improved! So i dont see a reason why I shouldnt stay on this diet! Carbs are not essential. Fat and protein are!

11. MartinDH

MartinDH Senior Member

Who says that?

12. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    I dont want to fight about diet. Do whatever you think is good for you!
    But the body really doesnt need any essential carbs, he can synthesize it from fat. But not the other way....

13. MartinDH

MartinDH Senior Member

Pardon. I didn't want to fight either. Just as a matter of interest...

14. unicorn7

unicorn7

There are carbs in lots of vegetables. I try to eat lots and lots of vegetables and a lot of varieties.

I get enormous cravings if I don't eat any carbs:D and I'm at risk of being too thin:lol: Everybody is different, do whatever makes you feel good:)
    My problem is also that I had IgG reaction to a lot of foods with high fat and high proteins (nuts, cheese, yoghurt, egg, soy), so otherwise I will eat only meat:meh: I do eat a lot of bone broth.

15. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    I ve also already heard that Rifaximin probably works less on a ketogenic diet, but I ve also tried Rifaximin on normal Carb based diet and it also didn't work..

16. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    Unfortunately the gut (microbiome) is still much of a mystery for the most part. If that's not enough, each person's microbiome is unique to them. Making treatment, unique to them.

I have been and am doing very well with a low carb diet, a couple of short courses of Rifaximan, probiotics, and daily anti-microbial herbs.

It isn't a quick fix but I continue to improve, which continues to give me hope of being free of this horrendous illness at some point. Hopefully sooner not later!:D

Jim

17. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    Im glad your improving! Are you KDM‘s patient?

ljimbo423 likes this.
  18. jpcv

jpcv Senior Member

SE coast, Brazil
    What herbs do you use ?

ljimbo423 likes this.
  19. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

No, I have just learned quite a bit through trial and error. Lots of trial and error!;):whistle:

Jim

20. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

Something I have learned recently, in the last year. Is that spices like holy basil, ceylon cinnamon, oil of oregano, and thyme are all very good to excellent anti-microbials. So, I take those and the herb neem, daily.

Jim

jpcv likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.