1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dysautonomia

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by glenp, Apr 3, 2010.

1. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
  2. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Are there good natural remedies as well? I can't tolerate drugs.
  3. helsbells

helsbells Senior Member

UK
    If you find any can you let me know too! Only thing which helps is the day before a cold/virus (Rare and not too practical!!) and is worsened with allergic responses which is pretty much continual.
  4. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Oregon, USA
    thanks for the link

Thanks for the link, glenp - that's definitely one of the most comprehensive lists that I've ever seen! I love that they even have "low tech" suggestions like dietary modification (smaller meals, tyramine avoidance) and cooling devices.

Too bad that a couple of the entries have ?? in the pros/cons section but there's a lot of good information there.

Marjorie
  5. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

ive tried a variety of herbs. Licorice was quite helpful for years but then stopped working for me; butchers broom was amazing for a week then stoppped working and left me worse.
  6. helsbells

helsbells Senior Member

UK
    What kind of liquorice? -
  7. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

any with the glyrc something acid in it. Infact I was so sensitive to it that I had to just eat the candy! Tea gave me a week of migraines. Its a balancing act but it worked wonders for me for years and years before it stopped working. Butchers broom was the closest ive felt to normal in years. but it stopped working super quick.
  8. helsbells

helsbells Senior Member

UK
    Thanks for answering only just seen reply - it is odd how big a component this dysautonomia is. the only time i fleetingly have an improvement is, as I said already, the day before a proper bug (which I rarely get now anyway) i have also had that exp of things over the years, not making as grand a difference as yours but feeling like something was working and then quickly stops and usually in my case I become intolerant. it is maddening. Liquorice tea irritates my bladder altho it tasted nice, I tried the sweets yesterday LOL after seeing your other post I will try glycerized tbs and see what happens, Many thanks
  9. glenp

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    there is a documentary available here - if you sign up they will send you a dvd in the mail -- there is lots of good info at that site

http://www.dinet.org/Documentary.htm for the dvd
  10. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA

I have had wonderful help with these and other good supplements. I have guidance from my doctors that research supplements, a schedule I stick to daily. Good brands, not just any brands. Lipoic Acid is good for the nerves so they can heal and work to help the blood vessels do the right job.

I do not want to take prescriptions. My doctor understands that I can't and prefers supplements.

Carnetine is so good for brain fog. I take the liquid. I take many supplements and the Adrecor has finally been helping the POTS greatly. I am full of hope.
  11. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Oregon, USA
  12. glenp

Vancouver Canada suburbs

See more popular forum discussions.