• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dysautonomia, dehydration and insulin.

sillysocks84

I was hoping I could get some opinions/advice. Honestly i do not know where to put this, it does deal with dysautonomia, so...

Today I am dehydrated, I may have drank a tad less yesterday. When I pinch my skin on the back of my hands it takes it a while to go back down. Also weird is when I push on my skin it takes it maybe 2 or 3 seconds to go back from white to reddish/color. I am just coming off a menstrual cycle. I was wondering if my dehydration is from my pots. If so, could it be helped with metformin? I had been prescribed this because i also have pcos from insulin issues, although I never filled the prescription. I don't like meds and how my body could react.

But now I am thinking what if I have dysautonomia because of insulin problems? Could dysautonomia go away or be controlled if I took metformin? Is it possible insulin problems can cause dysautonomia dysfunction in some people? Does anyone else get dehydrated too easily? Anyone else annoyed with their bodies? (This one I'm sure of :meh:).