1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

DWP/UNUM/ATOS SCANDAL ~ Professor Simon Wessely:

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by pollycbr125, Sep 10, 2012.

1. pollycbr125

pollycbr125 Senior Member

yorkshire
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I just finished a blog on a related topic, Greenwashing, which I hope to post after I have had some sleep as I am in crash mode from a busy day. There is a long history of ambiguous, dubious or outragious things associated with the treatment of ME as a psychiatric illness. Its days are numbered, at least for some of the so-called "unexplained" diseases, as explanations are slowly being developed that have nothing to do with psychiatric causation. This has happened before though - for diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis,lupus, MS, peptic ulcers and so on. These people have to be stopped, but its much much bigger than one man, or just ME. Bye, Alex
    justinreilly and ukxmrv like this.
  3. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    One of the greatest and most suicidally stupid things ever done, was letting the Industrialists and Doctors get away with genocide at the Nuremberg Trials, sigh.
    Thousands of them should have been hung or incarcerated for life, a clear warning from society, that such will not be tolerated
    but, no, expediency and greed won, and so, we have this crap STILL with us.
    taniaaust1 and ukxmrv like this.
  4. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    The photographs speak volumes - a steak, glass of wine and all the confidence of knowing your opinion cannot be challenged because it's only speculation (beyond scientific proof).

If it's only human for Docs to view the public as "foolish, uncomprehending, hysterical etc" - the public (being human too and by the same token) could be excused for viewing some Docs likewise.
    ukxmrv likes this.
  5. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    20th/21st century Phrenology!
    ukxmrv likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.