• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dutch ME/CFS survey 2016 (600 patients)

Jan

What all of these studies fail to appreciate is that they are only seeing the small percentage of patients who are well enough to travel to clinics and undergo the treatments in the first place! They are failing to recognize the high percentage of patients who are bed bound, house bound or just too ill to get there. I was offered treatment at an ME clinic several years ago, it was an hour's drive from my home, 2 hours travelling in a day plus the appointment it's self was totally impossible for me at that time. To this day there is no way I could manage any sort of therapy on a regular basis. I reckon the percentage of patients who are well enough for these treatments is actually very low. This is why it's totally unsurprising why patient studies such as this differ so much from the so called scientific ones.