• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dry Eyes and Methylation

I've had my second bout of excruciatingly dry eyes. Other symptoms include sandy grit and stringy mucous. This is NOT allergy, I've had that a thousand times and this is different.

The first time happened when I was in my first month of methylation and just getting my dosages up. My only change yesterday was adding in ALCAR at a pill dose of 588mg (LCF did nothing for me). The ALCAR also kicked up some anxiety, so it seems like it is stirring the pot for me, which is great.

I can't find anyone else discussing this symptom, so I thought I'd put it out there that mine seems to improve rapidly, within a few minutes, with an extra dose of Methyl B12. I understand B6 can also be helpful, but wasn't keen on doing anything to slow the methylation, as that is really the whole point.