1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Drugging America: The drug industry exposed

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by JPV, Mar 30, 2011.

1. JPV

JPV Senior Member

The rest of the article can be read here: http://communities.washingtontimes....11/mar/27/dark-secrets-drug-industry-exposed/

2. JPV

JPV Senior Member

Another excerpt:

The rest of the article can be read here: http://communities.washingtontimes....11/mar/27/dark-secrets-drug-industry-exposed/

3. JPV

JPV Senior Member

4. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Yes I can believe the lot - my brother (Prof Neurology) warned me that all drugs have some side effect (and that's the good ones - excluding the number which had to be withdrawn). Medics are not "pushovers" and recognise the need for thorough research - insufficient it seems. The Psyches must be more easily suggestible though.

5. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

good one

JPV good post. Happy to see that author finally woke up and got on the good side instead of the dark side.

As someone having CFIDS for so long I have always intuitively known that drugs are bad because of how ill I would immediately get and in the following days. After a round of vicodin I became bedbound for months.

Funny what she says about psychologists. The last psychologist I saw, after telling him about my chemical sensitivity and sensitivity to all drugs. The first thing he says is "I won't talk to you unless I can prescribe you a medication".

Got another good one. My brother was on a drug cocktail for years. One for sleep, another for depression, etc.etc. He was bedbound and basically disabled for three years at the age of 45 and finally dropped all the drugs and started a vitamin program with a naturopath after reading a book about the drug companies. He is now activily involved in the community and activism. With the drugs before he was on a slow path to CFS. Crazy.

6. JPV

JPV Senior Member

I clearly remember back when drugs like Prozac were first being introduced, how the psychological community, en masse, declared that these sorts of drugs signaled a clear shift in their belief that most psychological conditions were actually chemical and not emotional.

What a bunch of degenerates.

See more popular forum discussions.