1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dreambirdie's video is on ireport.cnn.com!

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by muffin, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    PLEASE BE THE SQUEAKY WHEEL.

SQUEAK for change, and make a difference.

[video=youtube;5yiczFNqAFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yiczFNqAFQ&feature=related[/video]

2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    My comment has been posted.

FYI

3. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Thanks ggingues.

4. muffin

muffin Senior Member

USA!
    just posted muff4

Everyone needs to post a comment to get CNN's attention. The video has been viewed quite a bit, which is great! Post comments!!!!!

Also, I do suggest downloading this video and sending it off to friends, family, media, newspapers, TV stations, etc. It is professionally done and gives the best overview of our disease, efforts, issues, etc.
    It does capture one's attention and keeps it which is pretty amazing for people like me who have so little ability to pay attention!! Grabs and keeps the viewers attention and I think CNN and other TV, newspapers will see that as well. DB did their work for them and they will see that.

Again DB: Great work. Really good and I have watched it over and over and am still amazed and impressed.

5. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Thanks Muffin. I don't know what else we can do to get CNN to do an in depth report on CFS/XMRV, but if anyone has ideas please post them here.

Also, I want to let you all know that when you post a comment on the ireport page, you should NOT INCLUDE ANY LINKS IN YOUR COMMENT, or it will be rejected. Several people have had this happen, including me, so please keep this in mind.

6. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I have had problems trying to post to CNN so maybe others have too.

When I register, it says I'm already registered (don't remember doing that) and when I try to sign in, it won't recognize it. Have tried several times since you posted this. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

7. Dreambirdie

N. California
    This sucks.

I just dropped CNN a note saying:
    Several people have written to me complaining that they are unable to leave comments on my Ireport page. They are either unable to register or when they do register, it says they are already registered... and when they try to sign in, it won't recognize it. Please look into this.

I will keep you posted on what they write back.

8. Dreambirdie

N. California
    NOTE BACK FROM CNN:

Thank you for your email. We have received your feedback, and would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Regards,

CNN Viewer Communications Management

9. Finch

Finch Down With the Sickness

10. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Thanks so much Finch! I got a note back from tech support at CNN, and it sounds like they fixed the problem that people were having with the registration there.

I am planning on sending Anderson Cooper a copy of the video on disk this week, and appealing to him to do a story about CFS/XMRV.

So PLEASE POST A COMMENT SOON! The more people, the better. It will show that there is an interest in this topic.

See more popular forum discussions.