Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dream capacity poll

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by JalapenoLuv, Oct 6, 2014.

?

How would you rate your capacity to dream?

Poll closed Oct 27, 2014.
  1. Impaired dreaming ability after ME. Much less recall, less vivid. and fewer dreams than before.

54.5%
  2. About the same

9.1%
  3. Improved

36.4%
  1. JalapenoLuv

JalapenoLuv

unknown
    ME sufferers have impaired sleep, this is a poll on your dreaming capacity.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Annie Gsampel

Scotland
    Good poll!

There have been periods of a year or more when I haven't been able to recall a single dream. Since starting methylB12 a couple of years ago, I can recall dreams somewhat regularly (good recall maybe every other week, limited recall a couple of times a week perhaps). A dream with a strong narrative always coincides with a really good night's sleep.

3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Interesting, but I would have to say none of the above. Its all over the place, and at different times I could tick any of the boxes. I used to be a lucid dreamer though, and I seem to have lost much of that.

4. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

For the last year or more I haven't been dreaming at all. I don't remember any dream that I may have had while asleep when I wake up in the morning. I was thinking about this about 2 weeks ago. I have had years where I did dream, but not a lot. And I have never been a nightmare dreamer, only rarely have I had nightmare kind of dream.

I have had a lot of insomnia with ME, but I am sleeping better these days. Which I hope continues.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  5. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    My dreams have gotten incredibly weird and intense since I got ME. If anything my dream recall is better than I want to be - often having flashbacks during the day to dreams I had months or even years ago. I also get a lot of false awakenings accompanied with nightmares which is a grim experience.

6. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    I used to be a lucid dreamer at will, I still are very occassionally.. the issue is that that takes me a lot of energy to do now so Ive quit that hobby.

I also used to remember up to 9 dreams per night (when Im not ill), now I only remember one a night or wake up due to having had a nightmare but have only vague memories of what it was about (its usually about all the bullshit stuff Im going throu, dreams of being mocked by disability services etc).

When I get sicker thou when crashing.. I can sleep like the dead with no recall at all.

ME definately affects how I dream.

7. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
    My sleep is impaired, but this tends to mean I'm left in a half awake/ half dreaming sorts of state and, if I do drop off, it all feels very vivid, stuff like thinking I'm awake and then waking up, etc.

8. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois Prairie ❀❤✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿❤❀

Midwest, USA
    I have a lot of intense, weird dreams, but only moderate recall.

See more popular forum discussions.