• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Wilson adrenal support formula + naturethroid

maryb

iherb code TAK122
so I think I have a plan - I stopped taking the 25mcg of T4 last week as I was concerned about my fast heart rate - more so than my doc who said stay on it - its not his heart after alll!!!

I'm feeling slightly better (please god don't strike me down) - now not sure whether its was the 2 months on T4 or the TD b vits I've been using at the same time.

I got a TSH result back 4 weeks ago down to .66 from 2.??
T4 was out of range <22 mine was 23.5 - I was taking 50mcg of T4 at that time and was feeling very ill with vival symptoms - vertigo etc.

soooo - given my high cortisol levels I was looking at the Dr W adrenal support plus a crumb of the naturethroid at the same time to start with.

What do you think?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Ema
I was thinking about the herbal support formula, it has liquorice, maca and ashwandha?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Ema
no I don't think so - should I just get some maca and ashwandha separately do you think?

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Given that your adrenal issues are mild, I would say some support on that area would be enough along with the naturethroid. Having adrenal issues and taking thyroid medication is bad news. Ashwagadnsgagaha (haha) makes more sense than maca as it is truly adaptogenic while maca is simply stimulating (and not good at all for AF in my experience). You need calming adaptogens that lower cortisol and dull the stress response. Maybe some adrenal nutrients such as panthetine. You´ll want an ashwagandha with the highest content of withanolides.

Honestly I don´t know how the early stage of AF is treated... I´ve been always in the last stage which is treated with the nutrients recommended by Wilson which are outlined in the thread of Athene on mending adrenal glands.