1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Weil finally chimes in on XMRV

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by _Kim_, Dec 24, 2009.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

December 4, 2009

Chronic Fatigue Virus? (you can leave comments about this on his website)

2. Eric Johnson from I&I

Eric Johnson from I&I Senior Member

Some of our allies have recommended graded exercise. I'm not saying they did it rightly or wrongly; I dont know.

His comment is reasonable at least -- more than many a public comment on this.

But yeah I am something of a vitamin supplement skeptic (except vitamin D) myself, and an alt-med skeptic. So I'm not saying the guys generally a genius or anything.
  3. Samuel

Samuel Bedbound with NO DOCTOR

He took breatharians semi-seriously.
  4. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Dr. Weil and CFS

Here are quotes from Dr. Weil's own website on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Maybe we should start an "educate Dr. Weil campaign."

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00702/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-CFS.html
  5. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Dr. Weil

If I remember correctly (and there is no guarantee of that :(), I believe Weil was pretty tough on CFS several years ago - believing it to be just stress related that could be relieved by exercise. He later "apologized" in not believing it was a real illness. However, years ago when I was still trying to work, a couple of co-workers who were big believers in Weil asked me about his recommendations regarding CFS & exercise.

About the same time, another co-worker heard about Dr. Rowe's work regarding neurally mediated hypotension issues including low blood volume. He said he had heard that Rowe commented that CFS people could be a lot better if they just ate a pickle a day (which I believe Rowe said he never said).

As a result, for years my co-workers didn't understand why I was still ill since all I had to do is go out running every day with a pickle in my mouth.:)

Take care,

Maxine
  6. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    I (perversely?) *love* hearing stories of all the stupid things people have said to us over the years. They're just so hilarious! Maybe we should start a thread?
  7. Samuel

Samuel Bedbound with NO DOCTOR

Good idea, Fresh Eyes. I have lost track, and could use them as a sort of appendix to my long list of denigrated diseases.
  8. Lily

Lily *Believe*

HA!!!

I agree - they are hilarious and I think that's a great idea! We can never have too many laughs around here. In fact, it is a requirement - good medicine!::D:p:D
  9. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    Reminds me of a wonderful piece on "Advice" by my friend Lily, who is a writer and has CFS. I'm going to start a thread and share that. :D

ETA: Done! Y'all come on over to the Community Lounge and share that stupidity!

ps Hey, Samuel - I'd like to check out those denigrated diseases of yours, too!

See more popular forum discussions.