• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Vinitsky's Methylation protocol

Can one of the experts who is familiar with Dr. Vinitsky's protocol please explain to me what the difference is between his and the Simplified Methylation protocol? I know Dr. V uses megadoses of the b12-folic acid and that he uses regular folic acid drops instead of one of the other forms of folic acid. (I've attempted to attach the protocol, but let me know if you can't read or open it.)

I started trying his protocol a few years ago but had severe hot flashes, heart palpitations and it kept me awake at night. I only took a small amount (one B12 lozenge and 1 drop folic acid) and only tried it for a few days before stopping. I figured that I just couldn't tolerate it. But I read Dr. Nathan's book recently and started to realize that maybe it would be worth a try again. I also found an article online by Dr. VanK about the simplified methylation protocol.

I have an appointment with Dr. Vinitsky this Monday and am trying to be as informed as I can. I've had pretty severe CFS for 20 years with an acute viral onset, MCS started about 10 years ago. I tend to be very sensitive to supplements and medications -- even more so than the typical PWC. I just don't know if I'll be able to handle the megadoses of B12-folic that Dr. V uses. I would prefer to take the lower doses that are in the simplified methylation protocol, but I don't know if it would be effective for someone like me. I thought that Dr. VanK said in his article that the simple protocol only works for those with more mild health issues.

I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried the Vinitsky protocol as a patient.

Thanks very much,
Carrie S.

Attachments

• Vinitsky Methylation Protocol.PDF
    2.2 MB · Views: 78