Dr. Bateman answers IOM questions from the community: Part 1
Clark Ellis brings us Part 1 of an interview with Dr. Lucinda Bateman, where she answered questions posed by the patient community ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Sudhir Gupta at UCI.. I need info about him.

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by minkeygirl, Apr 24, 2014.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Two doctors in my HMO referred me to him because my immune system is a mess and I was denied twice because he was outside the group.

I am appealing that decision and I would like to include any information about him that would bolster my case why I need to see him vs. the Allergist/Immunologist I saw who knows zero about ME/CFS.

Dr. Gupta was treating patients with Interferon and IVIG 20 years ago.

I've found some papers but they are 10 years old and I have not found anything that might help me with this.

Thanks.

vli likes this.
  2. Patrick*

Patrick* Formerly PWCalvin

California
    Bump. I'd like to read people's responses to this too since I live somewhat near UCI

vli likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    @Patrick* I know he is the go to guy for Primary Immunodeficiencies, however my insurance has denied me to see him twice. I was told to get information on him to submit with my appeal.

I knew someone who saw him 20 yrs ago who rx'd her interferon for her CFS which helped her a lot.

Worst case I'll go see him on my own just to get an accurate diagnosis and then take that to the "Immunologist" I am forced to see.

He works at the UCI Campus vs. in The City.

What is bump? I forget.

Patrick* and vli like this.
  4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Why don't you call his office and ask them? I'm sure they are used to strange insurance "requests".

Maybe they would have some references or ideas for you as to why his experience would benefit you. They would certainly know of any recent research that he had done or could give you a copy of his CV.

ggingues, Valentijn and vli like this.
  5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I don't have the energy right now. I've been dealing with one of the docs who referred me to him who now won't write a letter supporting me. I found some stuff after I posted this about the PI clinic he is affiliated with so I'm ok with that for now..

If I can muster up some energy I'll call next week.

vli likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.