• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Sudhir Gupta at UCI.. I need info about him.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Two doctors in my HMO referred me to him because my immune system is a mess and I was denied twice because he was outside the group.

I am appealing that decision and I would like to include any information about him that would bolster my case why I need to see him vs. the Allergist/Immunologist I saw who knows zero about ME/CFS.

Dr. Gupta was treating patients with Interferon and IVIG 20 years ago.

I've found some papers but they are 10 years old and I have not found anything that might help me with this.

Thanks.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Patrick* I know he is the go to guy for Primary Immunodeficiencies, however my insurance has denied me to see him twice. I was told to get information on him to submit with my appeal.

I knew someone who saw him 20 yrs ago who rx'd her interferon for her CFS which helped her a lot.

Worst case I'll go see him on my own just to get an accurate diagnosis and then take that to the "Immunologist" I am forced to see.

He works at the UCI Campus vs. in The City.

What is bump? I forget.

Ema

Why don't you call his office and ask them? I'm sure they are used to strange insurance "requests".

Maybe they would have some references or ideas for you as to why his experience would benefit you. They would certainly know of any recent research that he had done or could give you a copy of his CV.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't have the energy right now. I've been dealing with one of the docs who referred me to him who now won't write a letter supporting me. I found some stuff after I posted this about the PI clinic he is affiliated with so I'm ok with that for now..

If I can muster up some energy I'll call next week.