• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. success using higher doses of GCMAF

CindyWillis

I wanted to let everyone know that I started going to Dr. Enlander in February of 2012. He recommended going to 100ng of GCMAF slowly over time along with other things. After reviewing my bloodwork, I asked him what percentage chance I had of becoming 100% well and no longer needed medicine and he said 100%. I was shocked. He has had many patients (CFS up to 14 years) who respond to GCMAF take the higher doses of GCMAF and recover to the point of complete remission. I didn't believe him until I saw the results. I went from 40ng to 80 ng over the course of a month and a half. I have almost completely recovered and am averaging around 70 hours a week now which is where I was before I got sick.

I didn't want to wait until I was 100% well to get the word out about this new dosing schedule since I am almost there now. Dr. Enlander takes patients gradually at the pace they can tolerate it up to 100 ng and then slowly brings them down as they no longer need the medicine. I found that at the higher levels, not only do I not feel tired anymore but my reaction to the GCMAF shots has changed. I am no longer in bed every weekend all weekend once I take the shot. Now, I work on the weekend and clean the house like crazy and go on long trips and have tons of energy all weekend which is very different for me. I have been on 25 GCMAF from December 2010 to January 2012 and was in bed every weekend completely knocked out by the shot. Before the higher doses, some weekends I could go somewhere before 4pm on Saturday (I take it on Friday night) but had to come home by 5pm since by 6pm I was in bed or on the sofa until Sunday night at 8pm. Ironically, the higher doses make me feel even better when I take the shot. Now, the first weekend of the higher doses of .7, I couldn't lift my head off of my pillow but after that one weekend, it was amazing. I am now up to 80 ng now and find that I don't react at all to it other than getting more energy.

I have heard that GCMAF doesn't work for everyone but for those that it works for, it seems that this may be a solution. In April 2010, 5 months after I got sick (one day after the swine flu went away) I had to use a wheel chair to get around in public. There were days I couldn't walk across the room and when it came time to pull together my tax information, I had to ask my husband the name of the company I worked for. I thought I was going to die since the pain was so bad. However, I went on Dr. Cheney's protcol and got 1/3 better. Then I went on GCMAF on the normal dose along with the Cheney protocol and got another 1/3 better. Now the higher doses of GCMAF are getting me the other 1/3 of the way there to completely home. I am also following Dr. Enlander's other protocol of MAF 878 (several days a week - but supposed to do it 7 days a week) Heppapressin with other stuff in it shot once a week, Cheney's B12 and magnesium and Taurine shots daily (extra if I overdo it) and other stuff like occasional artesunate if I travel and get in very late at night and have meetings early (maybe once a week) and other things in Dr. Enlander's protcol. This week I worked all but 4-5 hours a day (20 hour days) for Sunday-Wednesday and was weak for the first time in a month on Thursday and Friday but that was stupid to work till 1am and then start again at 5:30am for several days straight- just dumb of me.

I didn't believe Dr. Enlander when he told me I would be 100% well and there was a 100% chance of it. However, now that several months have passed under his care and protocol, I realize that he is right. I am becoming 100% well very rapidly. For those that tolerate GCMAF, this may be the way to go and maybe it makes sense to have your doctor talk to Dr. Enlander. I have found him to be 100% dedicated to this illness and its victims - Innocent lives disrupted without hope. I would like to be able to donate to Dr. Enlander and his research once I am well.

mellster

Marco
That's great news Cindy - one side question, did you have the swine flu confirmed? I had my viral trigger in September 2009 during the swine flu craze and always suspected it, but docs refused to test me and sent me home with painkillers. How were your symptoms, mine were like nothing I ever had and very unconventional/unspecific for a flu (only low grade fever if at all but dizzyness and chest pain and developing chronic gastrointestinal issues like gastritis and cramps). cheers

xrunner

Cindy,

That's quite an impressive improvement and in such a short time!

Help me understand.
So far my impression was that higher doses were counter-productive because of the excess inflammation they tend to produce.
My experience with Maf314 is similar. After almost four months on Maf314, I have become used to the standard one-a-day but if I take two a day I feel more tired, bearable though.
I have tried to increase dosage to accelerate my recovery but two a day is what seems tolerable so far.

Additionally, I tried K-Maf, the homeo version, in conjunction with Maf314 and after a few days I started having night sweats and got so fatigued I struggled to maintain my activities level. I tried a couple of times but I just could not handle it.
But if I take a break from any Maf, which I have, my energy levels go up a lot just after a couple of days off it. (based on your post may be I'll try starting from a low dose and going up slowly and see if that works more effectively).

So I'm quite perplexed, because I know I have made substantial improvements on it but my experience is that it works on me by making me worse not better while I take it.

Haven't other doctors already tried to titrate up dosage with their patients? Is Dr Enlander using a different type of GcMAF than other doctors?
Do you know how long it takes on average for a patient to get to that 100% recovery rate?

mellster

Marco
xrunner I have been taking KMAF on and off as well and while I am skeptical to "down-to-almost-zero" diluted homeopathy I experience the same symptoms as you describe, just not as severe but it usually takes me out and I am very surprised about such an effect of mostly alcohol and water ;) And I agree that I feel worse while on it but when I stop it I eventually reach a level better than before I started it. Very interesting...

Daffodil

its not that the higher doses are counter productive....you just arent supposed to take more than you can handle. the people who have not been sick very long seem to be able to handle higher doses quickly.

personally, i cannot handle more than 0.15 ng but i have been sick 20 yrs. i still get some flare-up and fatigue after the injection but its not too bad.

i can take more of it but i am told that having severe inflammation and pushing through it is not a good thing in this case.

i guess there have been many people whose dose was too high and they became so incredibly sick, they stopped the drug and took months to reach baseline.

pesonally, when i have flares these days my chest hurts too....so in my case, it's probably better not to push the dose!

xoxoxo

adreno

PR activist
The question is how do we identify patients who will respond very well to high dose GcMAF? I am very sure many are working on this. We might here more in time. Bye, Alex

Isn't this done by the nagalase test?

hixxy

Is anyone doing this in Australia?

Injectable GcMAF -- Not officially. I believe some people are importing it themselves, because I know it is being used in Australia.
MAF 314 -- Dr Don Lewis has 20 patients on this. The clinic was unable to say when this would be offered to a larger number of patients let alone available to patients outside that clinic.

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Injectable GcMAF -- Not officially. I believe some people are importing it themselves, because I know it is being used in Australia.
MAF 314 -- Dr Don Lewis has 20 patients on this. The clinic was unable to say when this would be offered to a larger number of patients let alone available to patients outside that clinic.

Thanks for response hixxy. If there isn't a doctor in Brisbane, may have to go unofficial. I wonder if Deed would be interested in running a trial. Getting a little excited by GcMAF. I notice Alex asked about nagalase testing which would also be helpful.

hixxy

Thanks for response hixxy. If there isn't a doctor in Brisbane, may have to go unofficial. I wonder if Deed would be interested in running a trial. Getting a little excited by GcMAF. I notice Alex asked about nagalase testing which would also be helpful.

I mentioned GcMAF in passing to Dr Deed about 2 weeks ago. He'd heard of it, but didn't seem keen on pursuing it as it's in it's infancy and the complication as far as importing it.

I think his knowledge of GcMAF was extremely limited though. I emailed Enlander a week or so ago re convincing a doctor to try GcMAF and he said to get the DVDs from the Mt Sinai convention and forward it on. I've not viewed these videos myself.

I'd certainly be keen to get nagalase done though. At least that might tell us if there's any point holding our hopes up for GcMAF.

I know Dr Bill Reeder was arranging sending nagalase tests to europe in bulk over in NZ. I'm not sure if he's still doing it or if it's applicable for Australians?

Dr Don Lewis in Melbourne is using MAF 314, maybe he can arrange nagalase testing?? These are things I also would like to know.

There's also the implications of VDR polymorphisms. Has it been decided whether these matter yet? I heard at some point the Dr Enlander was disregarding this altogether and in some patients wasn't even correcting Vitamin D levels?

hixxy

Wouldn't it be nice if Bond University did a GcMAF clinical trial? (Or some other exciting new treatment for that matter!)

Sorry about he flood of replies, but I've also heard that some people are having trouble getting GcMAF into Australia now. I heard this from a family member of a cancer patient who joined the forums specifically to ask me a question about sourcing GcMAF via NZ.

She had seen some my previous posts via google.

I do hope this isn't so.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Age old debate.

How do you personally classify these 2 groups Garcia?

Informally I would say: ME patients have neurological signs/symptoms (ME is a neurological disease after all), ME patients tend to have overt inflammation (as in "encephalomyelitis"), ME patients tend to have severe HPA-axis dysregulation (usually non responsive to hormonal supplementation), ME patients tend to have severe brain symptoms (Dr Peterson says severe patients have cognitive dysfunction as their main symptom).

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I think dr deed has seen a few cure alls for me/cfs in his time, especially when he worked with dr whiting who from what i can gather tried and tested everything. He has mentioned to me of aussie patients treated with ampligen many years ago here in bris and got much worse and never recovered from this relapse etc. I think he likes to sit back and wait now days especially from a safety point as new treatments we are just lab rats i guess. But he is open to other treatments that many docs here would not even consider like antivirals etc.

I dont know if he would have the time to run a gcmaf trial of his own, although it would be nice. Bond uni doing a treatment trial would be good as they have mentioned ritux and b-cell depletion stuff before but i think they are more concerned with developing a diagnostic test.

If i had a bet i would put it on ritux in combo with antivirals.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Informally I would say: ME patients have neurological signs/symptoms (ME is a neurological disease after all), ME patients tend to have overt inflammation (as in "encephalomyelitis"), ME patients tend to have severe HPA-axis dysregulation (usually non responsive to hormonal supplementation), ME patients tend to have severe brain symptoms (Dr Peterson says severe patients have cognitive dysfunction as their main symptom).

Causes too many arguements for now, even research being done in this area doesnt seperate ME from cfs. Maybe its a severity thing????