1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Sebelius new HHS budget, are we in there?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by citybug, Feb 4, 2010.

1. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    Hi
    A couple days ago Kathleen Sebellius was on CSPAn talking about the new budget for fy 2011 with cdc director Frieden and Wakefield. She mentioned patient centered research projects and they spoke about 25 new health centers. I think those are regular clinics. She said they had some money from the Recovery Act before the freeze. Does anyone know if we or WPI is in there? I think even if it were they wouldn't be saying Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Does anyone know who to ask there?
    Anyway I think it is a good time to be asking them again to fund WPI. kdp
  2. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

My understanding is that none of these new health centers woud be CFS-related, despite the CFSAC's renewed recommendation for Centers of Excellence. The CFIDS Association is submitting budget language for FY 2011, and I'll post a link when that is available.

See more popular forum discussions.