• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Rind's latest revelations about "adrenal fatigue"

ukxmrv

Hi Emily @aquaster

Not a patient of Dr Rinds; but I am a big fan of MAF 314 / Bravo yogurt. Sadly, for me I had to keep taking it or the good effects wore off after a few months. I ran out of money and couldn't afford to keep buying it. I had more stamina on Maf 314/ Bravo and could physically do more. Also had less viral symptoms once I was established on Bravo.

One symptom it didn't touch however was the terrible morning to early afternoon "low cortisol" symptoms. I am assuming that what I experience in the morning is due to low cortisol as it corresponds to the same time. I wake up feeling like death and this lasts until around 2-3pm and then lifts.

I also didn't find anti-candida treatment made a dent on any of my ME symptoms.

It sounds like Dr Rind is working through some of the ideas that other CFS and ME doctors have been offering for some time now with varying degrees of success. Ant-candida treatment was offered in the 80's as an example and no one my doctor treated then was cured or had a substantial change to their ME.

aquaster

Keep moving forward...
Wow, that's so great that Bravo helped you and I'm sorry that you weren't able to continue on it. Perhaps it's less expensive now??

I'm curious how long it took you to get established on Bravo? I've been taking the suppositories for about 3 months. Thanks! <3 Emily

ukxmrv

Wow, that's so great that Bravo helped you and I'm sorry that you weren't able to continue on it. Perhaps it's less expensive now??

I'm curious how long it took you to get established on Bravo? I've been taking the suppositories for about 3 months. Thanks! <3 Emily

Hi Emily,

It took me about a month to notice the good effects of MAF314 and around the same on Bravo. I tried Bravo not as a suppository but as a yogurt.

Can't afford to keep taking it sadly. There are other supplements and drugs that I would buy first at the moment. During the years sometimes other symptoms need urgent attention.

Also I plateaued on MAF314 and on Bravo and the health effects stayed but didn't get any better. Nowhere near a cure but one of the best things for me so far (antiviral and immune modulating drugs also good for me).

ahmo

Could candida being doing all of this? Is it the bad gut bugs that showed up in my stool test? I'm working on both of those things and have been for a while but that hasn't fixed it as of yet either.

Emily
Interesting speculation. I did a big Candida cleanse 2015. Last year I did another, working on what I assumed to be systemic Candida. It took about 3 months. My stamina has absolutely increased. The only thing to which I can attribute this improvement is the Candida. Or rather, the elimination of it, reducing the drag on my system.

drob31

I agree and am wondering if you'd recommend someone else in the area?

Ruth Kriz. She's expensive as well, but about as legit as you can get. She trained with David Berg. He's one of the people that recognized how certain pathogens can cause sticky blood, which creates a situation where they are trapped in a "biofilm" and cannot be removed effectively, so you must break the film / sticky blood and you must target the correct virus / bacteria, etc. 90% of the time it seems it's either a HHV/x virus like HHV6 and or EBV, or Lyme.

ahmo

@Little Bluestem Yes, I put it into a blog. Also, this past year I did another, using pine oil, aka turpentine. I've gotten a definite increase in my stamina from that. I started it out with a drop, eventually working my way up to the 1 tsp dose, at which point my body was finished w/ the detox.

I didn't have clear symptoms either time I went after Candida, but it's known to be persistent and I was looking for further reducing any drag on my system. I feel now like I've done everything available to eliminate whatever's impairing my system. What's left seems to be mitochondrial damage.

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/candida-diet-protocol.html

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-eliminate-chronic-fatigue.44571/#post-724180

Journeyman

@Little Bluestem Yes, I put it into a blog. Also, this past year I did another, using pine oil, aka turpentine. I've gotten a definite increase in my stamina from that. I started it out with a drop, eventually working my way up to the 1 tsp dose, at which point my body was finished w/ the detox.

I didn't have clear symptoms either time I went after Candida, but it's known to be persistent and I was looking for further reducing any drag on my system. I feel now like I've done everything available to eliminate whatever's impairing my system. What's left seems to be mitochondrial damage.

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/candida-diet-protocol.html

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-eliminate-chronic-fatigue.44571/#post-724180

Hi Ahmo,

The 2nd link doesn't work but I went and did a quick search on 'pine oil' and came across this useful article. How do you find Dr Axe's content? Seems fairly reliable based on his SIBO articles that I've read before...
https://draxe.com/pine-oil/
Trust an aussie to come up with a single solution based on a herb closely related to Eucalyptus :)
On that point I've been doing a lot of reading on the various theories behind beating SIBO which btw seems to be imply a variety of different fungi and/or bacteria, and a consistent theme among the higher quality articles seems to be that you have to use a multitude of different herbal antibiotics and even go to the extent of cycling them to prevent 'resistance' This site being a prime example: https://sexysibo.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/treating-sibo-with-herbal-antibiotic.html
As you can imagine, I'm therefore a tad dubious about how effective Pine Oil on its own might be... but it certainly seems to be the solution for Candida if nothing else..

Am currently waiting on my 1st eVitamins delivery that I placed way back on 6/2/17. I've been hanging out desperately for this order because it includes the two recommended herbal antibiotics suggested by Allison Siebecker per here: http://www.siboinfo.com/herbal-antibiotics.html
You know they're tracking page suggested that it had not only arrived in Australia (Kingsford Smith facility) on 13/2/17 at 10:51am, but that it had been despatched. How can this be the case if my local post office box still hasn't received the order as of 21/2/17 - a full week later (and the po box is within 10km of that Kingsford Smith facility) any experience with eVitamins? I get my iHerb orders reliably in 1 week or less from order time by comparison, yet its now 2.5 weeks and nothing from eVitamins...

PS - what do you think about using twice the recommended daily dosing protocol for those Dr's Best Proteolytic Enzymes. For the first time yesterday I took 5 capsules twice in the day rather than the 3 capsules once a day... Seems to have worked because there was some unusual leftover material in my stool after flushing this morning... Keen to get your thoughts given I know you've used this product and are familiar with that all important Serrapeptidase...

ahmo

@Journeyman I took my info from Kaylaa Davis, 1st link, not Axe, so don't know his protocol...just glancing at it, looks good.

I pretty much only use iherb for my supps, w/ the exception of Neuroprotek from Dr. Theoharides. Sounds like time for you to contact the PO about your parcel.

Also sounds like your own experiment w/ serrepeptase answers your question. I'm always trying for the lowest doses possible, not always the right choice. :rolleyes: