The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Richard Podell on possible treatments for brainfog (OMF blog post, February 2017)

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by Sasha, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Read the rest:

http://www.openmedicinefoundation.o...og-of-fm-and-cfs-by-richard-n-podell-m-d-mph/

2. Knockknock

Knockknock

Many doctors this day's are using B12 and FA, not just for cfs, but also fibro. Ms and other cronic conditions.
    B12 is a great scavenger of free radical etc...
    Many people in this conditions dont have that deparment working to properly, that may explain why it help.
    Also B12 at higher doses in shots is neuro protective and helps repair nerve damage, some MS Drs use B12 to treat their patients.
    It will be interesting a large study with Cfs patients that can mesure scores, i have read also alot of CFS patients taking shots of B12 improve in evergy and funtional levels.

This the main reason why NIH&GOV funding is so important to explore all this avenues.

Aroa likes this.
  3. Webdog

Webdog Nothing left to say

Knockknock and Aroa like this.
  4. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

While there may be overlap with older people experiencing mild cognitive impairment I'm skeptical that the exact same process is happening for people with ME. And I wouldn't consider the cognitive impairment of ME mild only.

I'm not saying there is no value to the study or using the supplements mentioned (I don't know one way or another).

5. Barry53

Barry53 Senior Member

UK
    I must admit I assumed that, at a very simplistic level at least, ME/CFS brain fog would be due to the fact the brain is a very high energy consumer, and when starved of energy at a fast enough rate, cannot then function properly.

6. Knockknock

Knockknock

I agree,
    The cognitive impariment it is involved in most of auto- nuero immune illnesess, fibro, Me, Ms .. etc
    We know Me brain lesions are totaly diferent from Ms, but cognitive impariment could be very similar.

There is many comun things in most autoimmune diseases..
    Starting from the fact that statisticly close to 80 % is woman, also the involvement of immune deficency &
    Inflamatory patern specially involving central and periferal nervous system.

Many times Ms/me/ fibro/ HTLV-1-2 tsp/ham, are the first suspected illness before the proper diagnostic and tests MRI etc...
    Do to the overlaping of symtomes.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017

See more popular forum discussions.