1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Richard Firshein offers XMRV Test

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by sleepwalking, Feb 22, 2010.

1. sleepwalking

sleepwalking

Wild Wild West, US
    Too harsh and unfair
  2. sleepwalking

sleepwalking

Wild Wild West, US
    You must go to the link to check out the photos in the article. Priceless!
  3. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
    I can't see anything specifically about the XMRV test. Am I missing it?
  4. sleepwalking

sleepwalking

Wild Wild West, US
    Well now I feel kind of stupid because when I try to check it further it says the URL is not working.

I originally received this google alert:

PubMed.gov is supposed to be reliable, yes?
  5. George

George Guest

Growllllllllllllllllllll

Man, for all of the uninformed out there this guy and those like him are just money pumps. That makes me want to bite someone! Him preferably.
  6. julius

Canada
    That's the impression I had. Do you know anything specifically about this guy, or just going on the fact he is making these claims about a XMRV test?
  7. sleepwalking

sleepwalking

Wild Wild West, US
    George, that was certainly my impression. Grrrrr! Just another shuck trying to make a buck off us.

I had a terrible experience with a DO a few years back who claimed he could cure my FM by forcing the limbs back and forth at the joint to push out the phosphates (Dr. St. Amand protocol) . He left me crippled and in a wheelchair for the next year and took all my money. I learned my lesson!
  8. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Hi SW,

Yep, those pictures are priceless - I think one of those photos was of Cort - and another one was Kim!

Hysterical
  9. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Oh no, I keep falling asleep during board meetings.........
  10. julius

Canada
    I think it's Che Geuvara!
  11. Dr. Yes

Dr. Yes Shame on You

Wait! This man is innocent!

Alright, villagers, put away those torches and pitchforks..

I called his office and found out that they merely draw blood at his office and send it out to VIP.

Apart from that one bit of slightly unclear wording, his info on CFS really isn't bad at all... wish I had a doctor like that around here!

I suggest that this thread be deleted before the poor man is unjustly guillotined. Moderators?
  12. julius

Canada
    Thanks, Doc. Maybe we could just edit our individual posts. I went through but didn't see anything in mine that was particularly bad.

I think it's worth having a thread up for it if he is offering the testing.
  13. sleepwalking

sleepwalking

Wild Wild West, US
    We don't want to hang the wrong doc. If moderators want to delete post fine by me.
  14. Advocate

Advocate Senior Member

U.S.A.
    Thanks, Dr. Yes. I deleted my post because I had made unwarranted and unfair assumptions about this doctor. If anyone else wants to delete, it's a three-step process. First you click on "Edit Post" and then you click on the rectangle that says "Delete" and finally you click on the little round circle next to the words "Delete message." The little round circle is at the bottom left of the page.

I wish you did, too.

See more popular forum discussions.