1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Raj Patel - San Francisco Area (Using Ampligen)

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Wayne, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi All,

A friend recently sent me a link to the website of Dr. Raj Patel, an MD and alternative practitioner who's been treating CFS patients since 1993. In an introductory paragraph, he states:

At the end of this page, it says:

I've never met this doctor, nor do I have any feedback on him. I'm intrigued by his balanced approach of using alternative methods of treating CFS, and yet open to drug intervention such as Ampligen.

He's about 300 miles from where I live, and am seriously considering going to see him. If anybody has seen him, I would be very interested in hearing about your experiences. Thanks.

Best, Wayne
  2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Perfumes, scents, smoking & cell phones

I was just perusing Dr. Patel's office policy. I was encouraged by the following:

3. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    $475 for new patient consultation, prepaid, no insurance accepted. Dr Chia at least takes insurance :) But I guess if you end up paying for the Ampligen trial, then the Drs fees are not that important ;)

See more popular forum discussions.