• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Raj Patel - San Francisco Area (Using Ampligen)

Wayne

Hi All,

A friend recently sent me a link to the website of Dr. Raj Patel, an MD and alternative practitioner who's been treating CFS patients since 1993. In an introductory paragraph, he states:

"We provide a non-drug approach to medical care, utilizing natural and nutritional therapies; however, we also recognize that there are situations where medications and/or surgery may be the best approach."
At the end of this page, it says:

Dr Patel is one of a select group of physicians chosen to perform clinical research using Ampligen in CFIDS patients since 1999 in conjunction with Hemispherx Laboratories.

I've never met this doctor, nor do I have any feedback on him. I'm intrigued by his balanced approach of using alternative methods of treating CFS, and yet open to drug intervention such as Ampligen.

He's about 300 miles from where I live, and am seriously considering going to see him. If anybody has seen him, I would be very interested in hearing about your experiences. Thanks.

Best, Wayne

Wayne

Perfumes, scents, smoking & cell phones

I was just perusing Dr. Patel's office policy. I was encouraged by the following:

PERFUMES, SCENTS, SMOKING & CELL PHONES

Many of our patients (and staff!) are made ill by perfume and other scented products. Please be considerate and use no perfume or scented products when you are coming into the office. Remember that perfume applied earlier in the day may still cause symptoms in allergic people. Smoking is not permitted on the premises. Cell phones should not be used in the treatment areas.

mellster

Marco
$475 for new patient consultation, prepaid, no insurance accepted. Dr Chia at least takes insurance :) But I guess if you end up paying for the Ampligen trial, then the Drs fees are not that important ;)