1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Pridgen's 9 different cocktail mix patents & research under Dr. Carol Duffy name

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by lartista, Mar 25, 2014.

1. catly

catly Senior Member

outside of NYC
    Sure hope he's onto something.

FWIW, I've been on celebrex and valtrex since March and I'm doing a little better.

Perhaps I should ask my doctor to check in with him to find out of the combo we chose is the one he is recommending out of all of the original choices.
    heapsreal likes this.
  2. m1she11e

m1she11e Senior Member

Florida
    He for sure is recommending Famvir as his first choice.
  3. m1she11e

m1she11e Senior Member

Florida
    That's great that your are feeling better. What is your dosage of both Valtrex and Celebrex?
  4. catly

catly Senior Member

outside of NYC
    I'm taking 200 of Celebrex daily and Valtrex 500 mgs twice a day.
  5. m1she11e

m1she11e Senior Member

Florida
    Do you think it is the Celebrex that is helping your pain that is making you feel better?

I would have your Doctor check with Dr. Pridgen. I think that Famvir at a dose that I took for several years is recommended. From what I gather from others you are on the dose Dr. Pridgen recommends for Celebrex.

Did you have any "die off" or did you feel worse when you first started this combination?
  6. catly

catly Senior Member

outside of NYC
    Hi @m1she11e, I did not have any herxing when I started the combo. I had already been on Valcyte for almost 10 months when I started the Valtrex/Celebrex. I also did not have any problems with the Valcyte, but I may be somewhat unusual in that I don't have problems with meds or supplements. Sometimes I think I could eat a drugstore and walk away unphased o_O

Pain, fortunately (knock on wood) has not been a big issue for me. I think most of my improvements have been in regards to PEM from physical activity, which is better. Not so sure about mental activity, probably that has not improved. And without Ambien, I still can not sleep.:mad:

I guess the idea behind Celebrex is to help reduce inflamation, which may be causing/enhancing some symptoms, not necessarily just pain.

I think my CFS MD is now presecibing famvir. I see her tomorrow and will ask. Thanks!
  7. Aidan Walsh

Aidan Walsh

Thanks so much m1she11e :)

8. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    I am sorry if I'm posting a duplicate... I'm having difficulty keeping track of what post on various forums.

Just recently, I started Valtrex in addition to Celebrex. I expected nothing.

Within 24 hours of starting Valtrex, lower back/hip pain and stiffness (that I've lived with for 10+ years) was eliminated. I was afraid of experiencing a placebo effect but it lasted 3+ days. Since I experienced elimination of back/hip pain/stiffness and major decrease in fatigue, I was ecstatic. I was wary since I've had a few (very few) similar experiences in 20+ years.

Since the first 3 days, I did experience increased stiffness and pain but not in my back and hip areas. I've had trouble with shoulders and hands the last several months and the pain intensified after improvement in my hips and back. I now have an appointment with another ortho doc to determine if pain is due to tendon/ligament/soft tissue tears/damage or something else.Still need to rule out Lyme and co-infections. I tested positive for Lyme, Babesia duncani, and Anaplasmosis.

So difficult to wade through everything. When physicians and their support staff don't have everything clear... it is that much more difficult for patients. Since I have worked in clinical labs for numerous years, what does that say for the average person??

As soon as I find out info, I will share. My brain is mush at this point!
    ukxmrv likes this.
  9. Aidan Walsh

Aidan Walsh

could not find good email on site it bounced back unable to send!! Is there a dircet email address please? thanks
  10. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Is anyone seeing benefits from the pridgen treatment?
  11. m1she11e

m1she11e Senior Member

Florida
  12. m1she11e

m1she11e Senior Member

Florida
    I am not on the protocol but following a group that is. So far I have not seen anyone getting better.

See more popular forum discussions.