• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Peterson retiring from medical director at WPI

Rrrr

it just dawned on me that folks may want to send their own personal and private emails of thank you to dr. peterson...?

i guess they could be send via his assistant trish. i did not ask her if this was okay, but i can't imagine that someone would get mad at a note of appreciation and thanks coming, right?

her email is: tahoetrish _at_ aol.com

shiso

Thanks Rrrr for doing this and to the others that put up the funds on behalf of all of us!

Lovely gift and message, and super timely execution...thanks again.

Rrrr

i got a call from peterson's office today. they said the flowers arrived with the vase, they arranged them in the vase (they said they were beautiful) and they printed out the email, and they would give it all to him after lunch.

xxoo
rrrr

Roy S

former DC ME/CFS lobbyist
thank-you.jpg

Jerry S

i got a call from peterson's office today. they said the flowers arrived with the vase, they arranged them in the vase (they said they were beautiful) and they printed out the email, and they would give it all to him after lunch.

xxoo
rrrr

Thanks, Rrrr! Terrrrrrrific! :Sign Good Job: :thumbsup: :Retro smile:

G

Gerwyn

There have been a few statements by researchers on some science blogs that indicate there may be a problem with xmrv. Also, there are some researchers who are concern about some of the of the statements coming out of WPI linking it with other diseases such as autism. They are concern that a researcher should not speculate or hypothesize and is anecdotal without scientific proof. Causality of me/cfs with xmrv has not been replicated outside of WPI.

Cort reasons for Peterson leaving may be legitimate. A doctor who spent his reputation and entire life treating CFS patients and see the fruits of that labor culminating at that pinnacle of worldwide recognition, normally does not suddenly leave and go back to his private practice without knowing something is not right.

You can only hypothesise to get at the scientific truth as long as that hypothesis is based on a physical or mathematically symbolic observation.XMRV has been detected in patients with autism.Blocking xpr-1 is a plausible parsimoneous hypothesis and would induce problems with formation of representations networks and circuits at a crucial time.Genuine researchers are seldom found on science blogs people pretending to be on the other hand are very common.Only a fraud would get the scientific process backwards!

Boule de feu

Good evening, all.

I am a new member, here. Also stuck with CFS (from Canada).
I might be repeating what has been said already (not enough energy to read all of the 12 pages that were posted), but Christopher Cairns in his CFS Patient Avocate blog mentions this (May 29th) :
"De Meirleir and Peterson are traveling through Europe this month doing conferences on XMRV. They travel to Spain and Norway. Peterson has a continuing strong relation with WPI since retiring from the WPI directorship".
http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.com/

He probably knows more than we know...

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Peterson's retirement

A great BIGGG THANKS to the one that has been in the right places for us lately when great things were needed for us!!!! Hope ur feeling better, Rrr:Retro redface::confused::D:rolleyes::innocent1:

August59:D:cool::tongue::tear::victory:

Roy S

former DC ME/CFS lobbyist
and the Academy Award goes to Cort Johnson in the category of

http://www.vawatchdog.org/07/pix07/rumor-monger.jpg

Cort, how about not stressing out very sick patients? You know stress is especially bad for the sickest patients. Judy Mikovits stated sometime ago that stress increases cortisol which helps MXRV replicate.

I expected this transition eventually. Dan Peterson has always been dedicated to his patients. The WPI should have a full-time person in that position, IMO. It will be very demanding and I am glad they have announced a nationwide search.

Somehow I think your tone would be very different if the CAA announced that Suzanne Vernon was leaving.

From this blog about Dan Peterson's recent presentation in Madrid:
"The reasons for leaving the WPI were more a personal decision in order to have more time for himself after 25 years of service. He seems to be having a nice rest and is very happy to have the time to go sailing again."
http://pochoams.blogspot.com/2010/05/26th-of-may-conference-of-daniel.html