• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Paul Marik's Sepsis/SIRS Protocol for ME/CFS? (Vit C / Hydrocortisone / Thiamine)

I've recently done lots of reading on the involvement of H2S in sepsis. It all revolves around the blood vessel endothelium. H2S plays a role in good blood circulation and it also plays a role in inflammatory processes in sepsis. I also found a nutrigenomics guy who thinks the (mercaptopyruvate aided) production of H2S is involved in CFS. I think most mercaptopyruvate is in blood vessels.

Apparently more thiosulfate in the blood means reduced inflammation in sepsis in rats. I also found out that sodium thiosulfate is used to remove cyanide from the body and that thiamine (also in the Marik protocol) helps with this. Holistic people are using sodium thiosulfate to chelate heavy metals.

I'd like to see new sepsis (or CFS) research that involves sodium thiosulfate and thiamine.

I take a high potency dose of Sulphur (homeopathic) as needed (once a week or once a month) and I avoid high glyphosate foods and I'm so healthy I forget to take my probiotics. (I had to take oregano oil during the healing process to kill the systemic candida - otherwise I wouldn't have gotten better).

I got that awful flu this year and the sulphur brought my temp up from 96.8F - to 99.5F every time I took it.

Learner1

Hydrogen sulfide problems are related to issues with methylation, inadequate transsulfuration nutrients, and gut dysbiosis.

Optimizing methylation and the transsulfuration pathway and improving one's microbiome balance are essential to balancing H2S in one's system.

Thanks, that's good information. I think this is about more than nutrition - it's about broken signals. Fixing gut dysbiosis has never done anything for me. I was candida free for 10 years and as soon as I included a tiny bit of sugar in my diet everything came back. I have taken massive amounts of probiotics for 20+ years and I started forgetting to take them last week after i took the high potency sulphur.

The H2S and thiosulfate act as signals in the blood. When I dissolve the elemental sulfur under my tongue it goes into my blood and probably makes hydrogen sulfide and thiosulfate - but only a tiny bit. It makes enough to act as a signal but that's it.

Many experts compare chronic fatigue to chronic sepsis and having experienced it, i agree. Thiosulfate apparently helped some septic rats and it may be helping me too.

I'd like to see if sodium thiosulfate is a possible treatment for CFS. If there's anybody you can talk to, please do.

overview of H2S and sepsis research in here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562801/

I'm not taking any supplements - just multivitamins, vitamin c, b complex, and probiotics. So there's no confusion about what's improving my health right now.

Wayne

I just ran across some recent disconcerting information on Dr. Paul Marik regardng his novel (and highly successful) sepsis treatment, using IV Vit. C, thiamine, and hydrocortisone. Since many COVID patients end up dieing of sepsis, he tried to incorporate his treatment into standard COVID treatment at the hospital where he worked. This is apparently what happened:

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

• Before the COVID pandemic, Dr. Paul Marik became well-known for his development of a highly effective sepsis protocol using intravenous vitamin C, which resulted in a dramatic reduction in mortality rates
  • In 2020, he cofounded the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) and subsequently published one of the most comprehensive and effective protocols for treating COVID-19, called MATH+
  • While COVID mortality in Marik’s ICU was half that of his peers, the hospital banned the protocol from being used
  • Marik sued to get MATH+ reinstated, at which point he was put through a sham peer review. The hospital levied fabricated charges against him and his hospital privileges were immediately suspended
  • After Marik’s long tenure with numerous accolades, the hospital reported him to the National Practitioner Data Bank, which makes it near-impossible to get a medical license again in any state. This effectively ended his clinical career. However, Marik is taking a new route. Having discovered the falsehoods that conventional medicine has been built upon, he’s now researching and developing health protocols using lifestyle modification, diet and repurposed drugs

Wayne

The below linked article touches on conventional medicine's avoidance of using IV Vit. C to treat sepsis (which many with the coronavirus die from ), even though it's well documented to save lives.

While modern medicine casts a blind eye towards vitamin therapy and even exhibits open disdain for health practitioners and patients who incorporate vitamins into daily health regimens, it now appears a half-million Americans are losing their lives to a mortal bloodstream infection called sepsis that is induced by a deficiency of vitamin C.
After three decades, and more than one-hundred failed clinical trials of synthetic drugs to quell the most common cause of death in American hospitals, modern medicine is dragging its feet over what has now been demonstrated to be obvious — intravenous vitamin C demonstrably reduces death from sepsis. Sepsis patients are being brought back from the precipice of death, enough to make ICU nurses cry tears of joy. But medical overseers have attempted to obscure this fact.​
Here is what modern medicine did to quash the compelling though preliminary data showing vitamin C saves lives of sepsis patients...​

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I think I read yesterday somewhere on the HHV6 Foundation’s website that steroid useage can trigger a HHV6 reactivation. I can’t find it right now but if i remember and am able I will try to update later with the info.