May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Paul Donohue at it again

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by gktnorcal, Apr 28, 2011.

1. gktnorcal

gktnorcal

Santa Rosa, California
    This is urgent and very important. Dr. Paul Donohue has a syndicated health column across the country and on March 27, 2011, had a Q&A about CFS from a 79 year old woman with CFS. He rambled on and on about how "exercise is key to recovery" and even weight-lifting (WTF). His answers seemed to be pulled from 1995.

My in-laws just sent me a hard-copy of this (they live outside of Albany, NY) and it is so frustrating as I have gone to great lengths to educate them about the facts about the disease.

I am a severe CFS pateint and bed-ridden and don't know how to get lots of people to set this doctor and his widely read column straight.

Does anyone have a form letter of some type I/we could use. My brain doesn't have the capability to even begin to put one together.

Thanks,
    Ginger

2. justinreilly

justinreilly Senior Member

NYC (& RI)
    WTF is right! Here's one paper in which it appeared:

http://www.herald-review.com/news/o...cle_c9b7852a-573b-11e0-9a86-001cc4c002e0.html

He really should know something about the disease before he writes in newspapers about it.

3. toddm1960

toddm1960 Senior Member

Rochester, New York
    In a related news item the NIC released today exercise is the key to curing HIV......details to follow. ;)

4. justinreilly

justinreilly Senior Member

NYC (& RI)
    To save my energy, I'm not going to post on these columns since they are small papers and it was a month back. More power to you if you want to post. you can simply say that PEM means the disease gets worse with exertion, certainly the kind he is speaking of. you can put a link to the twisk and maes CBT/GET paper.

I think he might have his own website- that would be the most important to hit- try to email him directly to get his attention so he doesn't do it again.

See more popular forum discussions.