New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Naviaux's Suramin & Autism Trial - publication and interview

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, May 26, 2017.

1. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Toxicity from NSAIDs primarily, but not only, (and it varies with the type of NSAIDs, as COX-2 inhibitors are still toxic) slow gut healing. The gut takes damage all the time. If healing cannot keep up with damage you get ulcers. Other drugs have other toxic effects. The point is many drugs work on specific pathways, and pushing or suppressing those can push things out of balance. That can have consequences. Very often we do not understand those consequences, or their specific causes, and things just get written up as "side effects".

This is complicated by drug activation and clearance rates. A big dose can have no effect, and a small dose can be dangerous, with just alterations in drug activation and clearance.

merylg and Manganus like this.
  2. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I'm interested in the il17 work for autism not sure if they have trailed anti il17

3. perrier

perrier Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  4. Susanna D

Susanna D

Sweden
  5. Jonna_A

Jonna_A

I find this very problematic. A lot of autistic people don't want to be cured and the autistic community has been criticizing this kind of understanding of autism as behavior. I wonder if Naviaux has had a dialogue with ASAN or some other autistic self-advocacy organization about doing this kind of research.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior Member

Canada
    Yeah maybe if you’re an Aspy with genius level math skills that’s able to live alone. But I’m guessing the parents with kids who can’t speak, shake back and forth, have multiple seizures a day, and shit their pants would welcome an effective treatments or “cure”.

Also, if an effective treatment is discovered by Naviaux or some other researcher, no one is going to be forced to take it. So anyone that treasures their autism and sees it as a gift or whatever can continue to do so uninterrupted.

Tally, Isaiah 58:11, Webdog and 7 others like this.
  7. Wally

Wally Senior Member

wastwater likes this.
  8. Murph

Murph :)

I"m sure some do and some don't want to be cured. The great thing about a cure existing would be that they get to be able to choose.

Wally, melihtas and Webdog like this.

See more popular forum discussions.