• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr MyHill's License in Jeopardy

richvank

Email from The One Click Group (Jane Bryant) to the GNC

Wow! I certainly hope that this lady never decides to come after ME !! :eek::eek: She reminds me of Clint Eastwood and his famous saying, "Make my day!"

Rich

GMC Email

To: Paul Bridge, pbridge@gmc-uk.org
Cc: Niall Dickson, GMC Chief Executive, ndickson@gmc-uk.org
Date: 11 April 2010
Subject: Support Dr Sarah Myhill Campaign Launched

Case Reference: PB/C1-314994282

Dear Mr Paul Bridge

My name is Jane Bryant. I run the One Click health advocacy pressure group. It has been brought to my attention that the GMC are harassing Dr Sarah Myhill on spurious and risible grounds again.

Quite frankly, I simply won't have it and neither will many thousands of others. To this end, I am using my pressure group to launch the Support Dr Sarah Myhill Campaign. Please see the link for the first wave of publicity that has gone out today, here.

The information published on One Click goes to vast swathes of MPs in this country, multiple media from all over the world, politicians ditto, multiple thousands of academics, researchers and doctors et al, quite a few of them your very own members. Our website is the happy recipient of approximately between 20,000 to 30,000 hits every 24 hours.

It is unconscionable for the GMC to attempt to rip Dr Myhill's medical licence off her without even giving her an opportunity to defend herself. This goes against every tenet in British law.

The GMC is already considered an expensive laughing stock by many doctors. Your actions over Dr Myhill are set to encase your terrible reputation in cement.

Please be advised that until I learn that you have called off the GMC dogs over Dr Myhill, it is my intention to ram home the GMC's atrocious activities in regard to this good doctor every single day of the week on the internet worldwide. This will make it a medical cause celebre like few others. On One Click we have much experience at running campaigns like these and are considered very good at it.

Have a good weekend.

With best wishes

Jane Bryant
The One Click Group
www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk

fred

The game is afoot
Incoming..... Letter from Jane

Exocet-mil.jpg

kerrilyn

I've signed the petition and sent a letter. Only recently, through one of Spindrift's posts, did I hear about Dr. Myhill. I checked out her site and I really liked the info presented. Plus it's obvious she cares for and about ME/CFS patients when so few doctors do. This is wrong on so many levels.

kit

Please be advised that until I learn that you have called off the GMC dogs over Dr Myhill, it is my intention to ram home the GMC's atrocious activities in regard to this good doctor every single day of the week on the internet worldwide. This will make it a medical cause celebre like few others. On One Click we have much experience at running campaigns like these and are considered very good at it.

Have a good weekend.

With best wishes

Jane Bryant
The One Click Group

Rock on Jane Bryant!

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I signed the petition and added this comment...

It's mind boggling that the pharmaceutical industry is allowed to sell dangerous drugs that have about a 50% efficiency rate...

BBC News - Drugs 'don't work on many people'

...while Doctor's like Sarah MyHill are persecuted for using natural alternatives that actually seem far more effective and safe.

It's obvious that your organization has a bias towards protecting the pharmaceutical industry's greedy financial interest, at the cost of the public's health and well-being.

How can you degenerates sleep at night?

spindrift

Plays With Voodoo Dollies
I would like to thank everyone individually that is helping here, but I am just too wiped out
at the moment to do so.

Just want to let all of you know: You rock!!!!!!!

Nina

Have a good weekend.

With best wishes

Jane Bryant
The One Click Group

That is EXACTLY the message we need, that woman is dynamite!!

I'm getting really confident that they don't stand a chance with this.

valia

My name is Jane Bryant. I run the One Click health advocacy pressure group. It has been brought to my attention that the GMC are harassing Dr Sarah Myhill on spurious and risible grounds again.

Quite frankly, I simply won't have it and neither will many thousands of others. To this end, I am using my pressure group to launch the Support Dr Sarah Myhill Campaign. Please see the link for the first wave of publicity that has gone out today, here.

The information published on One Click goes to vast swathes of MPs in this country, multiple media from all over the world, politicians ditto, multiple thousands of academics, researchers and doctors et al, quite a few of them your very own members. Our website is the happy recipient of approximately between 20,000 to 30,000 hits every 24 hours.

It is unconscionable for the GMC to attempt to rip Dr Myhill's medical licence off her without even giving her an opportunity to defend herself. This goes against every tenet in British law.

The GMC is already considered an expensive laughing stock by many doctors. Your actions over Dr Myhill are set to encase your terrible reputation in cement.

Have a good weekend.

With best wishes

Jane Bryant
The One Click Group

This is exactly the sort of talk I want to see from our patient advocacy groups....

.......I can but dream

Frickly

Support dr. Sarah myhill

Hi all,

With Islandfinn's help I have just posted the following on the XMRV Global Action Cause. I tried to consolidate all the actions that can be taken to support Dr. Myhill. Thought this might be useful to some on the forum.

SUPPORT DR. SARAH MYHILL
April 13, 2010

On Thursday, April 8, 2010, Dr. Sarah Myhill was ordered by the General Medical Council to attend a hearing in Manchester on April 12, in order to consider the withdrawal of her license to practice medicine, without providing an opportunity for her to defend herself. This action has resulted from a complaint regarding Dr. Myhills website by an anonymous complainant. While Dr. Myhill has yet to learn the specifics of the allegation, the GMC has decided that there is a potential risk to public safety. At Dr. Myhills request, the initial hearing has now been postponed until April 29th. Dr. Myhill is being considered guilty until proven innocent and is asking for the support of her patients and the community. http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Category:My_GMC_Hearing

Dr. Myhill is a general practitioner with a special interest in ME/CFS. She is qualified from Middlesex Hospital Medical School, with honors, in 1981 and has worked in the NHS and in private practice. Dr. Myhills practice focuses on looking for causes of problems with respect to diet, micronutrient status, allergies and lifestyle changes. This focus is so successful that it has resulted in a six month waiting list for new patients. http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/About_my_practice

This is not the first time the GMC has tried to revoke Dr. Myhills license due to erroneous allegations. The first was in 2002 resulting from a complaint by 5 doctors. However, due to the volume of letters received from Dr. Myhillls patients, the GMC was forced to back down and withdraw the charges. http://www.generalmedicalcouncil.com/2008/09/gmcs-witch-hunting-season-continues-top.html Please join us in our support of Dr. Sarah Myhill. Together we can make a difference in the lives of patients around the world.

WAYS YOU CAN HELP!
http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Open_letter_about_my_GMC_hearing_April_2010

Contact the following people:

Contact Mr. Paul Bridge of the GMC Case Reference: PB/C1-314994282:
Email: pbridge@gmc-uk.org
Telephone: on 0161 923 6417
Mail: General Medical Council, 3 Hardman St., Manchester M3 3AW United Kingdom

Fax Mr. Adam Elliot on 0207 189 5177

Email Niall Dickson, CEO of GMC ndickson@gmc-uk.org

Please tell them:
That you find the website a helpful source of information;

That your health will be put at risk if you are unable to avail yourself of Dr. Myhills services as a doctor;

Request to attend a future Fitness to Practice Hearing to give evidence that you have been helped by information from Dr. Myhills website;

Ask the GMC to acknowledge your concerns.

ADDITIONAL WAYS TO HELP!
Join the SUPPORT DR. SARAH MYHILL FACEBOOK PAGE http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=108048875899603&ref=search&sid=100000728469172.4083097511..1

Sign this petition in support of Dr. Sarah Myhill http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/witchhuntofdrsarahmyhill/

FOR FUTHER INFORMATION AND TO STAY UPDATED ON DR. MYHILLS CASE:
The Oneclickgroup Support Dr. Sarah Myhill Campaign Launched
http://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/news.php?start=3400&end=3420&view=yes&id=4596#newspost

Follow the Phoenix Rising Thread at:
http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?4269-Dr-MyHill-s-Lice

See Dr. Myhills Website
http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Category:My_GMC_Hearing

Get this!

GMC phoned Sarah and asked her if she wanted to hold the meeting in private to 'protect her from the public'!!!!!

Needless to say, Sarah said she wanted it in public.

We all know it is the GMC who need protecting!!

Keep 'em flying!

helsbells

DO i state why I will be attending ie say how disgusted I am to hear yet again etc or is that addressed to a separate person/issue.
thanks
helsbells

Definitely tell them why you are attending!

Also we're planning a demo.

From Sarah's webpage:
START
We have had it confirmed by the GMC Press Office that for people who want to attend the Hearing on 29 April, they need to book a place. Either phone the GMC on 020 7189 5454 or email the GMC at press@gmc-uk.org to reserve a place. It's as simple as that. We are also planning a demonstration outside the GMC Offices at 9am on that morning but we have to clear this with Camden Police first.
END

Cheers to all,

x

Excellent!

Please copy any emails that you send to GMC either to

office@doctormyhill.co.uk; - these are all being forwarded to me

Sarah will read them all one way or the other - ie she will see all the ones that come only to me too.

I am responsible for compiling a complete list and bringing a hard copy of all letters/emails etc. We wouldn't want the GMC to be able to fudge how many emails etc they had received.

Thanks for your help.

xx

spindrift

Plays With Voodoo Dollies
Thought I would post some numbers:

Here is the news:

petition ---- 566 signatories

facebook--- 562 members

emails -----161 that I have logged and counted many more waiting to be dealt with

Thanks to all that have helped! If you haven't yet, please consider doing so.
Let's get those numbers up further! :victory:

Dr Myhill Update!

Ok now GMC is worried.

They contacted the team to call the dogs off!

They don't get it.

No one is in charge here. No one can 'call the dogs' off!

This is democracy in action - the internet at its best.

I, and others doing far more than me, are merely facilitators. You are the power.

To keep the pressure up, 4 suggestions:

--keep on requesting places at the Hearing - there are already more people going than they have space for. The overspill will stay outside and make their point there.

---if you have had no reply to your email, send it again asking for a reply. If still no reply and you are able to send a registered letter (UK) which requires GMC to sign for it,then PLEASE do that too

--Also if UK based and if you have made a FOIA request, make sure you remind GMC that they have 20 days to reply to that by law.

--maybe consider sending a FOIA request in any case. All you have to say is that you require the GMC to disclose any and all details of the charges against Dr Myhill and that you are making this request under the FOIA 2000.

Thanks again for your wonderful support

x