The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Myhill On PACE and MAIMES - remake - thanks for your feedback

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by sianrecovery, Oct 19, 2017.

1. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    Hi guys,

Thank you all so much for your feedback on the first version of this clip. I realise that the people that disliked it the first time round will still probably do so, but I think we ironed out the factual inaccuracies re. PACE, thanks to your input. Below is the link to the 2nd version.

Sian

Chezboo, rosa, Joh and 12 others like this.
  2. IThinkImTurningJapanese

IThinkImTurningJapanese Moderator

Japan
    Thank you @sianrecovery , as a former athlete I agree, GET is abusive.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  3. TreePerson

TreePerson Senior Member

U.K.
    Would it be worth putting up a link to the MAIMES campaign info at the end? Rather than leaving it for people to google?

4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    what we need are criminal trials for these swine...their science is CRAP, fuelled by their own egos, they warp results etc to their own beliefs, and so, it is worthless....the GUlf War Syndrome victims are like us, screwed by the SAME "Pundits" who abuse us.

...when the system has become so corrupt, it empowers these criminals, a "clean sweep" is needed with honest PUBLIC trials and no one allowed to cover their crap up or ESCAPE.

The PACE Trial, the attempt at cover up, the same guilty parties involved again and again, promoting Wessely with highest honours by the Establishment to protect him....all this *stinks*

since they have committed obvious deliberate fraud with PACE, they can no longer merely use the excuse of "going a bit too far in the Public good"
    they have CHOSEN to cover up, to lie, to deny medical aid to innocent people, and that makes it MASS MURDER.

Sigh :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2017
    sianrecovery and Luther Blissett like this.
  5. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Unfortunately, it’s all relative, eh?

slysaint likes this.
  6. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

While I agree what Myhill says,, I think therr are much better campaigns/people who are saying the same thing and reputations much that are much better than Myhill!

7. Molly98

Molly98 Senior Member

sianrecovery and pamojja like this.
  8. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Japan
    Can you be more specific about why you feel she is disreputable?

sianrecovery likes this.
  9. Alexi

Alexi

As far as I am aware none of the “claims” against her are ever proven. Her book won an award from the BMA..the very people objecting to her treatments !!
    Much of her research has gained ground and support.

I can’t think of any one else who attracts campaign attention. Can you ?

sianrecovery likes this.
  10. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

What award and when?

11. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Japan
    @sianrecovery Dr. Myhill states that the DWP wants ME to be a psychological condition. This is a weak point in her argument. She can't know what they want, only speculate.

She does say the Insurance industry has stated this publicly, but has the DWP as well?

Skycloud and sianrecovery like this.
  12. sianrecovery

Manchester UK
    It's in the copy beneath the clip on the youtube site, but you make a great point - I will see if we can do another end piece screen shot. Thanks!

13. sianrecovery

Manchester UK
    She's prepared to go live speculating, and I'm prepared to put it out there in that form. She's risking her career, as she has done many times, and that's her decision.

Skycloud, TreePerson, pamojja and 2 others like this.
  14. IThinkImTurningJapanese

Japan
    @sianrecovery Thank you both for what you're doing. Dr. Myhill I have had this illness since I was a teenager. No one has ever stood up for me. When I have asked for help, people have worked hard to make my life more difficult, to correct me. I can't thank you enough. :thumbsup:

Ohh, and Dr. Myhill you exemplify your philosophy on health.

You are beautiful. :D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    brooke likes this.
  15. Stewart

Stewart Senior Member

@sianrecovery

I still think this is a misguided campaign by Dr Myhill - but this video is much better than the earlier version was. Thanks for engaging with people's criticisms so constructively.

16. NelliePledge

NelliePledge plodder

Yes I can

I don't object to Dr M doing this but it isn't correct that nothing else is happening.

Skycloud likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.