• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Mikovits Presentation Added to International XMRV Workshop Program

muffin

Am I the only person that missed this big change? Ignore if you all know about this. I didn't. Glad to see Mikovits on the speakers list. I see the date is 18 August, before the release of PNAS. Did we have anything to do with this org getting Dr. Mikovits on the speakers list? I think a number of us sent emails complaining that she be on the panel and not just on the side-lines. What else have I missed!

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=15538

Dr. Mikovits Presentation Added to International XMRV Workshop Program
August 18, 2010

An updated program has been posted for the 1st International Workshop on XMRV (September 7 and 8 in Bethesda Maryland, co-hosted by the NIH and Virology Education Inc.).

Two notable changes are that, in the Wednesday, Sep 8 session on chronic fatigue syndrome:
• The Whittemore Peterson Institute’s Dr. Judy Mikovits will co-chair the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome session with Tufts University’s Dr. John Coffin, advisor on HIV and AIDS to the National Cancer Institute.

• And Dr. Mikovits will present a paper on XMRV in blood of CFS patients in the UK.
Specifically, the chronic fatigue syndrome session listing is as follows:

Session 4: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Wed Sep 8 - 11:15 am to 1:00 pm

Chairs: Dr. John Coffin & Dr. Judy Mikovits

11:15 am – Invited lecture on chronic fatigue syndrome
F Ruscetti
[Francis W Ruscetti - National Cancer Institute’s Laboratory of Experimental Immunology; a co-author of the Oct 2009 Science paper linking XMRV to CFS]

11:45 am – Prevalence of XMRV in CFS patients and healthy controls
B Huber
[Brigitte Huber – Tufts University Sackler Shool. Reported finding no XMRV in her CFS study.]

12:00 noon – XMRV in chronic fatigue syndrome: A pilot study
M Hanson
[Maureen Hanson, Cornell University, principal investigator of current NIH-funded research on “The relationship of XMRV to functional status and co-infections in chronic fatigue syndrome.”]

12:15 pm - Detection of MLV-related virus gene sequences in blood of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome and healthy blood donors
S Lo
[Shyh-Ching Lo, a researcher at the FDA laboratory in Bethesda and leader of the study behind the yet-to-be-published “positive” XMRV paper.]

12:30 pm – Detection of infectious XMRV in the peripheral blood of chronic fatigue syndrome patients in the United Kingdom 13
J Mikovits
[Judy Mikovits, WPI research director.]

12:45 pm – Discussion

TO REVIEW THE FULL TWO-DAY PROGRAM...posted on the Virology-Education.com website, click HERE and then on the link to Program_XMRV_final in the right margin.

http://www.virology-education.com/index.cfm/t/Program/vid/1FFCB7B8-FB88-C1D2-92C420E3BCEB0FB0

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
we did it

I do think that our letters helped. I was surprised when the lady (foggy for name) at NIH had no idea that mikovits was not invited to present. NOW SHE IS I think we all had something to do with it

glen