1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Mikovits of the WPI to Host Live Q&A Session Regarding XMRV 22nd Jan

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by oerganix, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Was there any news about anything? I missed it, but it sounds like that was probably for the best, they didn't need another connection.
  2. Katie

Katie Guest

I can't stay up, the effects of all the travelling on Monday have hit me hard today and I need a bath and then bed. lol, not been up long but it is my penance for Londontown.

Will catch up tomorrow, hopefully she'll give away a few little tidbits on the CDC and HHS, have fun y'all.

Katie
  3. hensue

hensue Senior Member

I wanna whine I dont wont to wait till Monday ....
  4. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

So far, just more details and history of the WPI study. But only 27 minutes out of the scheduled 1 hr. got recorded before it crashed.
  5. Is it possible Prohealth hosted the video on their own server, and forgot to increase the bandwidth limit and overloaded their own site?

Or was the video hosted outside, and simply embedded? Thus nothing to do with Prohealth and the fault of the streaming company?

What is odd, is it wasn't buffering at all before it crashed, it's as if the powers that be pulled the plug on us.

Was it streamed by a dedicated IP address, and has someone naughty from Imperial College blocked it?!!
    (said tongue in cheek)
  6. Nina

Nina Senior Member

Me too! Can't go to sleep now anyway!
  7. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    That's the worst part - they used someone else. At least most people saw the CFIDS presentation and Luminescent Feeling got it up on Facebook - thus saving the day.
  8. hensue

hensue Senior Member

Sleep it is daylight and to make everyone jealous 70 degrees today
  9. George

George Guest

Gonna go eat 'scetti. Check back later.
  10. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I knew I should have gone. I could have gone - an 8 hour drive - could have made it - could have been there. Damn. I hope its getting archived.
  11. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Damn!

I wish I had something constructive or funny to say, but I haven't.
  12. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

Monday it is then.

Lunch time here (Sat) and I need to go and feed my short people. I will catch you fine people another time! :D
  13. JustJack

JustJack put on yer dancin' shoes

Sacramento CA
    I don't know why I am not shocked by this. OMG, cannot cut a break!
    JJ
  14. Dr. Yes

Dr. Yes Shame on You

Those in the Northeast say, well,

fruit_raspberry.jpg
  15. Nina

Nina Senior Member

It's 0:00 here and I'm now 3 hours past my usual coma-time. Amazing what adrenaline can do.

Enjoy your `scetti, George (whatever that is!) :)
  16. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

yes, this seems reflective of our 20+ year struggle with me/cfs, doesn't it? set back after set back, failed attempts, etc
  17. fds66

fds66 Senior Member

Hmph - that's it - I give up and I'm going to bed. It's now 11pm here and I'm tired.

I have everything crossed that it is being recorded and we can get access to it. It was just getting interesting.
  18. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Thanks for letting us know. Dratted technology.

"All you need to do to fully recover is... *crackle* POP!
  19. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Grrrrrrrrrr
  20. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    They could'nt find the plug in their cohort, so they paid a virology technitian to do it.

See more popular forum discussions.