• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Mikovits of the WPI to Host Live Q&A Session Regarding XMRV 22nd Jan

Was there any news about anything? I missed it, but it sounds like that was probably for the best, they didn't need another connection.

K

Katie

I can't stay up, the effects of all the travelling on Monday have hit me hard today and I need a bath and then bed. lol, not been up long but it is my penance for Londontown.

Will catch up tomorrow, hopefully she'll give away a few little tidbits on the CDC and HHS, have fun y'all.

Katie

oerganix

So far, just more details and history of the WPI study. But only 27 minutes out of the scheduled 1 hr. got recorded before it crashed.

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

Is it possible Prohealth hosted the video on their own server, and forgot to increase the bandwidth limit and overloaded their own site?

Or was the video hosted outside, and simply embedded? Thus nothing to do with Prohealth and the fault of the streaming company?

What is odd, is it wasn't buffering at all before it crashed, it's as if the powers that be pulled the plug on us.

Was it streamed by a dedicated IP address, and has someone naughty from Imperial College blocked it?!!
(said tongue in cheek)

anne_likes_red

Monday it is then.

Lunch time here (Sat) and I need to go and feed my short people. I will catch you fine people another time! :D

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Sleep it is daylight and to make everyone jealous 70 degrees today

Those in the Northeast say, well,

fruit_raspberry.jpg

Rrrr

yes, this seems reflective of our 20+ year struggle with me/cfs, doesn't it? set back after set back, failed attempts, etc

fds66

Hmph - that's it - I give up and I'm going to bed. It's now 11pm here and I'm tired.

I have everything crossed that it is being recorded and we can get access to it. It was just getting interesting.

So far, just more details and history of the WPI study. But only 27 minutes out of the scheduled 1 hr. got recorded before it crashed.

Thanks for letting us know. Dratted technology.

"All you need to do to fully recover is... *crackle* POP!

flybro

What is odd, is it wasn't buffering at all before it crashed, it's as if the powers that be pulled the plug on us.

Was it streamed by a dedicated IP address, and has someone naughty from Imperial College blocked it?!!
(said tongue in cheek

They could'nt find the plug in their cohort, so they paid a virology technitian to do it.