• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Mikovits of the WPI to Host Live Q&A Session Regarding XMRV 22nd Jan

How?

As a non-sophisticated computer user, I'm worried: has anybody found instructions for how to link in to the web broadcast? I heard somewhere that ProHealth would have instructions up this week, but I haven't found anything on their site.

sproggle

Jan
To join the event as it is streamed online

A link to a special Mikovits Presentation Page will be up on ProHealth.com THURSDAY.
There you can check to see if you have the latest version of Flash Player, download it free if you don't, and take a virtual seat as the event begins.

A VIDEO RECORD OF THE EVENT WILL BE POSTED LATER ON PROHEALTH.COM

http://www.prohealth.com/ME-CFS/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=15049&B1=EM012010N

Link to info on prohealth about Mikovits Presentation.

NB there is also an option to post questions.

K

Katie

I assume there will be a special thread for discussion on Pheonix? Shame we haven't got a chatroom up and running yet. I'll try and stay up for it.

fds66

It is too late for me really but I can't resist staying up to watch it to see what its like.

coxy

hi do you mean we will be able to watch the whole thing the next day if we can't stay up that late, which i can't?
A link to a special Mikovits Presentation Page will be up on ProHealth.com THURSDAY.
There you can check to see if you have the latest version of Flash Player, download it free if you don't, and take a virtual seat as the event begins.

A VIDEO RECORD OF THE EVENT WILL BE POSTED LATER ON PROHEALTH.COM

http://www.prohealth.com/ME-CFS/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=15049&B1=EM012010N

Link to info on prohealth about Mikovits Presentation.

NB there is also an option to post questions.

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

I'll record it as long as it isn't 'lagging'.

Lag is obviously a huge issue with anything that is in demand, and streamed over the Internet.

I would imagine to prevent this issue, it's going to be a simple Webinar to save bandwidth
and later on, Prohealth will upload a 'proper' video of the talk. That would be ideal.

Samuel

Does this tell everybody to install Flash Player or just me? I already have what should be Flash Player 10. (Not sure how to verify that.)

I don't think I'm going to be able to watch this live, but hopefully people here will be posting about any news. I think 2pm PST is 10pm GMT time for fellow Brits. Anyone know how long it's due to last?

I'd be interested to hear her talk about why PCR detection rates seem so variable, and so much lower than the culture test. She probably wouldn't leak this in a internet chat, but any news on independent, blinded replication and confirmation attempts would make my day. Any news on what's happening with the CDC's examination of all this too. I expect that there won't be much news though, as things have got to be done through proper channels.

dipic

Does this tell everybody to install Flash Player or just me? I already have what should be Flash Player 10. (Not sure how to verify that.)
I'm getting the same thing, unfortunately. Switching browsers (from Firefox to Opera) does nothing to help.

flybro

I think that window shows until the talk starts, I reinstalled and it still said the same.

hensue

I am going to wait till it starts then see if I have to download, already have flash player. What do you think?

G

George

Hey guys if you can watch Hulu your good on the flash player. It won't let you watch if you don't have the latest. The window on Prohealth just keeps the same message for now even if you go do the download. But hey ya got an hour and half till the opening credits.

CJB

Test Flash Player

Hope that works. When I go to the webinar link, it says,

Dr. Mikovits XMRV Presentation
Friday, January 22 2:00pm PST

The live video stream will start at 2:00pm PST.

Instructions:

Install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (free)

Make sure you have your speakers turned on

If your video does not start automatically at 2:00,
click your browser's refresh button

If the video stops at any time during the presentation,
click your browser's refresh button

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

Hey guys if you can watch Hulu your good on the flash player

Lets hope for everyone outside the USA the stream isn't blocked by the hosting company.
Hulu is an example of this.

We shall see.... (gulp).