1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Mikovits of the WPI to Host Live Q&A Session Regarding XMRV 22nd Jan

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by oerganix, Dec 9, 2009.

1. sproggle

sproggle Jan

Teesside, England UK
  2. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Just to clarify - that is 2 pm to 4 pm Pacific time

That makes it start at 4 pm Central, 10 pm UK

Set your alarm clocks!
  3. CateK

CateK

upstate New York
    How?

As a non-sophisticated computer user, I'm worried: has anybody found instructions for how to link in to the web broadcast? I heard somewhere that ProHealth would have instructions up this week, but I haven't found anything on their site.
  4. sproggle

sproggle Jan

Teesside, England UK
    To join the event as it is streamed online

A link to a special Mikovits Presentation Page will be up on ProHealth.com THURSDAY.
    There you can check to see if you have the latest version of Flash Player, download it free if you don't, and take a virtual seat as the event begins.

A VIDEO RECORD OF THE EVENT WILL BE POSTED LATER ON PROHEALTH.COM

http://www.prohealth.com/ME-CFS/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=15049&B1=EM012010N

Link to info on prohealth about Mikovits Presentation.

NB there is also an option to post questions.
  5. Katie

Katie Guest

I assume there will be a special thread for discussion on Pheonix? Shame we haven't got a chatroom up and running yet. I'll try and stay up for it.
  6. fds66

fds66 Senior Member

It is too late for me really but I can't resist staying up to watch it to see what its like.
  7. coxy

coxy Senior Member

hi do you mean we will be able to watch the whole thing the next day if we can't stay up that late, which i can't?
  8. I'll record it as long as it isn't 'lagging'.

Lag is obviously a huge issue with anything that is in demand, and streamed over the Internet.

I would imagine to prevent this issue, it's going to be a simple Webinar to save bandwidth
    and later on, Prohealth will upload a 'proper' video of the talk. That would be ideal.
  9. sproggle

sproggle Jan

Teesside, England UK
    Yes I believe that's correct. Hopefully the next day, depends how soon they manage to get it uploaded.
  10. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Don't Forget: Dr. Mikovits on Prohealth Today!!

JOIN THE MIKOVITS XMRV PRESENTATION ONLINE FRIDAY AT 2 PM PACIFIC - CHECK OUT THE LINK AT http://www.prohealth.com/xmrv

Be there or be square.

:sofa:
  11. Samuel

Samuel Bedbound with NO DOCTOR

Does this tell everybody to install Flash Player or just me? I already have what should be Flash Player 10. (Not sure how to verify that.)
  12. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I don't think I'm going to be able to watch this live, but hopefully people here will be posting about any news. I think 2pm PST is 10pm GMT time for fellow Brits. Anyone know how long it's due to last?

I'd be interested to hear her talk about why PCR detection rates seem so variable, and so much lower than the culture test. She probably wouldn't leak this in a internet chat, but any news on independent, blinded replication and confirmation attempts would make my day. Any news on what's happening with the CDC's examination of all this too. I expect that there won't be much news though, as things have got to be done through proper channels.
  13. dipic

dipic Senior Member

I'm getting the same thing, unfortunately. Switching browsers (from Firefox to Opera) does nothing to help.
  14. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    That made laugh out loud, is it hip again now LOL. note a retro wink :Retro wink:
  15. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    I think that window shows until the talk starts, I reinstalled and it still said the same.
  16. hensue

hensue Senior Member

I am going to wait till it starts then see if I have to download, already have flash player. What do you think?
  17. George

George Guest

Hey guys if you can watch Hulu your good on the flash player. It won't let you watch if you don't have the latest. The window on Prohealth just keeps the same message for now even if you go do the download. But hey ya got an hour and half till the opening credits.
  18. CJB

CJB Senior Member

Oregon
    Test Flash Player

Hope that works. When I go to the webinar link, it says,

Dr. Mikovits XMRV Presentation
    Friday, January 22 2:00pm PST

The live video stream will start at 2:00pm PST.

Instructions:

Install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (free)

Make sure you have your speakers turned on

If your video does not start automatically at 2:00,
    click your browser's refresh button

If the video stops at any time during the presentation,
    click your browser's refresh button
  19. Lets hope for everyone outside the USA the stream isn't blocked by the hosting company.
    Hulu is an example of this.

We shall see.... (gulp).
  20. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

No joy here. Blistering barnacles and other suchlike...(where's my grumpy old man smilie?) :tear:

See more popular forum discussions.