• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Mikovits of the WPI to Host Live Q&A Session Regarding XMRV 22nd Jan

K

Katie

Mikovits is peed off as hell about the IC study, serious annoyed. She's only talking about the science, this is what we need.

Gosh I'd love to see Judy and Myra duke it out, I know where my money would be.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Quote of the night (talking about the Imperial study):
Judy Mikovits said:
I can see a bowling ball in a bath tub too. But I can't see a needle in a haystack!
Go Judy!

CBS

I only budgeted for 90 minutes of active listening. Not including the unscheduled 'break,' we're now at 2:09!

Oh, the humanity! :D

K

_Kim_

She's talking about hanchuchu - he sent her letters asking for help. And that they found a much more aggressive virus in that China cohort.

Dainty

She just now mentioned China, with someone contacting her desperate for help. She mentioned (I think) someone going over there to check it out, and said something about how it might be XMRV in possibly a more aggressive form. I think we have a member here with a thread on what's going on in China?

She just trounced the UK study.

That was fun to watch. :D

Dainty

She just now said that they're looking into transmission right now, they're doing a study with testing the saliva of those infected with XMRV to see if transmission through saliva is a possibility.

Did she say the CDC has found it?

She did say that someone from the CDC tested her samples for contaminants, and every single one of them came out clean, that he admitted it was not a contaminent. But I'm nto sure if that's what you were looking for.

Lily

*Believe*
Did I hear correctly that they got their "normals" from a "paternity clinic" where they had the samples from Mom, Child and potential Dad? If so, amusing. (My cat was bugging me at that time and i'm not sure what I heard.)

Yes, she did say that......:Retro smile:....some of the normals anyway.

oerganix

Now she's laughing because she said when I saw that XMRV was involved in prostrate cancer, those men can't possibley ignore this now.

K

_Kim_

She just now mentioned China, with someone contacting her desperate for help. She mentioned (I think) someone going over there to check it out, and said something about how it might be XMRV in possibly a more aggressive form. I think we have a member here with a thread on what's going on in China?

Right, that's hanchuchu. I know he sent her letters, but he doesn't know that they followed up.

oerganix

It sounded like the CDC acknowledged it wasn't a mouse virus, and confirmed in cannot be a contaminate because it is a new human retrovirus?

Yes, and she also said that since it reproduced in culture it couldn't be a contaminant. I think.

Dainty

It sounded like the CDC acknowledged it wasn't a mouse virus, and confirmed in cannot be a contaminate because it is a new human retrovirus?

Yes, exactly. :) Exciting, huh? Though I don't know if that was the official consensus, but I do know that one CDC guy openly acknowledgde it. In fact, she said that using a specific test he found contaminants even in his own lab, but there weren't any at all in the WPI samples. I'm sorry I didn't catch his name.

Rrrr

judy m is just said SHE is in charge of finding drugs for xmrv at WPI. and she is working with 3 drug companies right now. YAAAAAY!

oerganix

Now she's saying that the questions, which we couldn't hear, will be reproduced on their site and on prohealth. Plus her answers. and she's saying it isn't necessary or probable that XMRV or another virus "piggyback on each other"/