• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Mikovits of the WPI to Host Live Q&A Session Regarding XMRV 22nd Jan

FernRhizome

Hi Everyone....oops!!! Now I feel pooted too! Even though I did mean posted...I'll go back and edit that, but you all got me laughing out loud! Thank you! I was expecting serious things right now not the humor, but thank god for the humor! ~FernRhizome

oerganix

Did I hear correctly that they got their "normals" from a "paternity clinic" where they had the samples from Mom, Child and potential Dad? If so, amusing. (My cat was bugging me at that time and i'm not sure what I heard.)

Dainty

I jsut now saw this thread...thanks! Watching now...I hadn't read about Japan finding it in 1.5 (I think?) percent of healthy people in the general blood supply was positive for XMRV.

oerganix

She just said that if you think you might have been part of their cohort you can email her at WPI and she can tell you if your sample was part of their cohort. They have just 'unblinded' or whatever the more correct term is. You can find out if you were positive, she said.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
She just said that if you think you might have been part of their cohort you can email her at WPI and she can tell you if your sample was part of their cohort. They have just 'unblinded' or whatever the more correct term is. You can find out if you were positive, she said.

Did anyone catch where to email her?

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
The Q&A section is fantastic. Definitely needs to be transcribed! Hint, hint! ;)

Dainty

Did anyone catch where to email her?

She just now referenced it again, saying "That's [the stress of XMRV] why we want people to call me [for their results]". I don't recall her giving specific information but I could be wrong. She's also jsut now saying that if you test positive with them they'll get you into the next top studies on it.

Edit: She just said they've isolated XMRV in a blood sample from 1984. She was talking about how a vaccine for XMRV is hopeful because it does not change like HIV.

oerganix

She also said that if you are taking antiviral meds, you don't have to stop them to get tested because the antivirals are not antiretrovirals, and would only be treating coinfections of viruses like EBV.

K

Katie

I'm back, what was the stuff about higher cancer risk the younger you were when infected? Ugh, wish I hadn't half heard that sentence as my first words back.