• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Mikovits of the WPI to Host Live Q&A Session Regarding XMRV 22nd Jan

oerganix

live presentation by Mikovits Jan 22

"ProHealth is honored to announce that we will host a presentation & Q&A session by XMRV researcher Judy Mikovits, PhD - to be streamed live on ProHealth.com Friday, January 22.

(Time and registration details to be determined, so watch ProHealth.com for news.)"

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=15035

We can submit questions in advance, from the ProHealth website

oerganix

live in Santa Barbara CA

"Submit Questions to Dr. Mikovits for Advance Consideration
Attendees at the January 22 event in Santa Barbara will be able to question Dr. Mikovits directly about XMRV research progress, findings, testing, and plans. But to address the questions of those participating online, Dr. Mikovits invites you to submit questions now for her consideration in advance."

I hope the scientists on this forum will come up with some good questions for her. And for those who live near Santa Barbara, what a wonderful opportunity. I hope you will be having a good enough day to participate.

Submit questions to: editor@prohealth.com <editor@prohealth.com>
with subject line: Mikovits_Question

D

dmarie4301

I did!

How exciting to think that maybe she will answer YOUR question. I sent her three!:)

Quilp

On the pro health boards ! Judy Mikovits !

Presentation and Q&A with XMRV Researcher Dr. Judy Mikovits to Be Streamed Live Friday Jan 22:

I hope the moderators don't mind me advertising this because this presentation could change our lives. I'm not sure what to expect but at least it's something. The wait is becoming intolerable.
The date is quite interesting, isn't that the day, exactly one year ago that the virus was discovered/confirmed ?

Kind regards, Mark

MEKoan

That's very exciting!

There should be much more known about replications studies by then, too.

This is big!

Thanks for posting, Mark!

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
newer link

Here is a more recent link.

http://www.prohealth.com/ME-CFS/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=15049&B1=EM121609B

All are invited to submit a question to Dr. Mikovits in advance.

TIME:
2 to 4 pm Pacific Time, Friday Jan 22
For the date and time of the event where you live, check the World Clock Time Converter - www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html - and convert from U.S.A. California to your time zone.

PHYSICAL LOCATION:
Santa Barbara Central Library
40 E Anapamu (downtown across from the Courthouse). Convenient parking, wheelchair access.
See map - www.eventective.com/provider/map.aspx?num=112418

Reserve a Ticket ASAP - If You Wish to Attend in Person
Seating is limited, so those wishing to attend the event in person must register to reserve a ticket for the event - ASAP. To request a ticket, click here.
(Please provide your name, phone number, and physical address so that we may mail you a ticket.)

If You Plan to Join the Event as It is Streamed Online
Watch ProHealth.com in January for information on how to connect.

G

George

Hope they make a copy

If we all hit the stream at once we could take the site down. Does anyone know if there are alternative sites streaming as well? If not I'll volunteer to wait and watch the YouTube version.

Kati

Patient in training
I wonder what kind of questions to ask, that she CAN answer (not embargoed) :confused:
It's a month away, I really really wish that all the doctors in the world would watch it too!!!!

G

George

The countdown

Only 18 days until Dr. Mikovits talk.

You know the CDC replication study should be out anytime as well. Anybody hear anything???:):):):):)

Navid

1/22 Dr. Miikovits talk

hi

my 47th b-day is on the 22nd.

i have been sick for almost 6 years...since my son was 2 years old...he doesn't believe that i know how to ski, ride a bike, rock climb, skateboard, etc....

do you think the "gods" would be gracious and giving enough to have Dr. Mikovits announce a treatment that will end my debilitating fatigue on my birthday.

then maybe this year i can do all of those activities with my son for the first time : )

we can only hope : )

warmest regards, lisa

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I was just informed that tickets are still available to this event. Dr. Mikovits is very personable and happy to answer questions - thats my experience of her; I'm sure she'll be willing to stick around and talk to patients. If you can there it would probably be well worth it.

Kati

Patient in training
Lisa, you deserve some excellent news on your birthday and your son deserves a bike ride with his mommy this summer... Hang on!!

18 more sleeps before the big talk- can't wait.

I really wish I could go- unfortunately my health is still getting worse and worse. So will watch from my pillow...

usedtobeperkytina

I've submitted a question.

Anyone heard about statement of testing the blood supply? I was expecting that in November. Remember, they guy at the CFSAC meeting over blood safety said within a couple of weeks they would have a statement (or plan of action).

Tina

G

George

The countdown continues

Only 17 days until the live stream from Dr. Mikovitz ;);););););)

God the new smiles are great!

G

George

just a little long till we get the good stuff

Only 15 days till Dr. Mikovitz speaks! Hang in there everyone.