1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Michael Maes

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by pointer, Aug 12, 2010.

1. pointer

pointer

Does anyone have a phone number to contact Dr. Maes? I found one on his website, however, I called it twice in the last two days and only got an answering machine and I cannot understand what they are saying as it is of course not in English and I am in US. Also, I would like to here from any patients of Dr. Maes, and what their experience has been with him, etc.. I did look up the time difference from the US and Belgium, and called 4:50 pm and 3:00 pm Belgium time.

Thanks

Pointer

2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    It's a peak time for the holiday season in Europe and quite a few doctors researchers etc will be away on leave right now.

Good luck and I hope you get an answer.

3. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    the phone number is 00323 4809282 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************00323 4809282******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

You'll have to try a few times, maybe he's on holiday or on a conference.

http://www.mcare4u.com/ (clinic)
    http://www.michaelmaes.com/ (personal website)

I paid 110 euro for a consultations (partly paid by social security), but i can't judge the man, because i went to De Meirleir after 2 appointments.

4. pointer

pointer

Thanks for the info. I will keep trying, but it is difficult not understanding the language on the answering machine, and it wont seem to let me leave a message.

5. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    Pointer it says:

They can be reached from 9 to 16hours belgium time every day, but also that they are not always in the possibility to answer the phone.

6. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi all. did anyone see dr. michael maes?

7. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    I thought Maes was no longer based in Belgium but Bangkok, Thailand? His research papers carry a clinic address in Thailand if I remember correctly, and I had heard from friends in Belgium that he left that country. I'd be interested in learning more. Thanks :)

8. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Frank, you said in 2010 that his Belgium clinic had also closed unexpectedly, and a rumor was he had left for Thailand: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/maes-clinic-in-belgium-closed.7485/

I am sure there was a website I found for his Thai clinic some time back, there is certainly a Thai address on all his latest published works e.g. Maes Clinics @ TRIA, Bangkok, Thailand

However a brief search now on Google doesn't take me to any clinic in Thailand that I can see.

See more popular forum discussions.