1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Martin Pall's book "Explaining Unexplained Illnesses"

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Suzy, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Suzy

Suzy Guest

Has anyone else read this book ? I have read it once and have it here again from the library to have a 2nd read.

I'm wondering how others feel about the theory that a short term stressor causes chronic illness.

That is, why assume the stressor is gone as opposed to stored in the body ? Dr Myhill is finding that pesticidees and chemicals are elevated in fat biopsies of PWCs and FIR saunas is albe to redeuce these levels.\\

any commentson the book/his methods are appreciated.

2. Lily

Lily *Believe*

Suzy, I read it a couple of years ago and can only say I was fascinated at the time, reagarding the commonalities of the various conditions, and thought he (they) were getting closer to an answer - at least in how to treat the fatigue symptom anyway. Sorry, beyond that I cannot comment because it's been a while and my brain is not quite was it used to be:)

3. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Pall's book

Hi; just a quick reminder that a very much abbreviated account of Pall's thinking is available on his website:
    http://sprident.com/martin-pall/cfs.htm . Sorry, one day I will learn how to post proper links... and post smilies (please read the "ashamed" one here). Best, Chris

4. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

so has anyone tried this treatment?

5. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    It's a very good theory, imho - very "parsimonious" - but unfortunately I've never found anything to be able to quench the peroxynitrite and presumably break the cycle, including relatively high doses of gamma tocopherols, berry polyphenols, and even glutathione IVs.

See more popular forum discussions.