1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Lipkin's Study

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Bevbh, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Bevbh

Bevbh

Austin, TX
    Can somebody explain to me what the Lipkin study will be looking at and how it will be done? Will it be XMRV only or looking for a wider range of HGRVs?
  2. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    If you are talking about the CFI study, my understanding is he's been hired to look for an infectious agent that could be causing CFS, regardless of whether it's a previously identified agent.
  3. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    There are two Lipkin studies of ME/CFS. The first is a blinded study of detecting XMRV. The next is the Chronic Fatigue Initiative study of pathogenesis, which will simultaneous look at 20 pathogens other than XMRV for association with ME/CFS. Just which pathogens hasn't been announced yet.
    redo likes this.
  4. redo

redo Senior Member

+1 for posting ixchelkali. I haven't heard that (haven't been doing much reading lately). That's great news!
  5. GaryK

GaryK

Canada Niagara Falls
    Hi ixchelkali, Thanks for the info.:D

Also I was wondering, is there a list of those 20 pathogens Ian Lipkin will be searching for? Also how true is it that he will NOT be looking for Retro Virus?

See more popular forum discussions.