Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Lapp closing practice, I need a doctor near Bristol Tn or Roanoke Va

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Parismountain, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Parismountain

Parismountain Senior Member

South Carolina
    Just got a call that Dr. Lapp is shutting down as of 1/31/2018. Been going there over 20 years. I need a CFS/ME doctor that will similarly see me once or twice a year and fill out disability paperwork.

Looking in Western Va/Bristol area or Roanoke Va, or Greenville SC or Raleigh NC.

I'm sure there's going to be lots of people in the same boat as I.

dreampop and Orla like this.
  2. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Is he retiring?

3. Parismountain

Parismountain Senior Member

South Carolina
    Yes he is retiring. They are cancelling appointments made out into the future. Doesn't look like Dr. Black is an option at the moment.

I'm so fuzzy on how to find a local doctor who will do my SSD paperwork now. This was a non-worry area of my life and now it is unsettling to have to start a doctor patient relationship all over again when there are so many CFS doubters out there.

4. rel8ted

rel8ted

I have (or had) an appt with Dr. Black in March. Haven't heard a thing from the office. Will be calling Monday.

Will be needing a new doc if she's not going to be practicing anymore.Could be anywhere within 300 miles of Roanoke.

See more popular forum discussions.