Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Lapp closing practice, I need a doctor near Bristol Tn or Roanoke Va

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Parismountain, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Parismountain

Parismountain Senior Member

South Carolina
    Just got a call that Dr. Lapp is shutting down as of 1/31/2018. Been going there over 20 years. I need a CFS/ME doctor that will similarly see me once or twice a year and fill out disability paperwork.

Looking in Western Va/Bristol area or Roanoke Va, or Greenville SC or Raleigh NC.

I'm sure there's going to be lots of people in the same boat as I.

dreampop and Orla like this.
  2. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Is he retiring?

3. Parismountain

Parismountain Senior Member

South Carolina
    Yes he is retiring. They are cancelling appointments made out into the future. Doesn't look like Dr. Black is an option at the moment.

I'm so fuzzy on how to find a local doctor who will do my SSD paperwork now. This was a non-worry area of my life and now it is unsettling to have to start a doctor patient relationship all over again when there are so many CFS doubters out there.

4. rel8ted

rel8ted

VA
    I have (or had) an appt with Dr. Black in March. Haven't heard a thing from the office. Will be calling Monday.

Will be needing a new doc if she's not going to be practicing anymore.Could be anywhere within 300 miles of Roanoke.

5. nryanh94

nryanh94

I'm interested in other options as well. I had to cancel my appointment with Dr Black, and went to reschedule only to be told they weren't accepting new patients and Dr Lapp is retiring. I asked what about Dr Black, and was told they were unaware if she would stay on.

6. rel8ted

rel8ted

VA
    I did finally get s letter from the practice that included a list of other physicians that are knowledgeable about ME. There was one in Cary (closer to the VA border of NC) and s couple in the RDU area & 1 in Asheville. Other than that everyone was too far away for me to travel to. Can’t find the list right now. Maybe you can ask Hunter Hopkins for a suggestion.

We were told Dr. Black would be announcing her intentions in December. I’m very nervous about that!

7. nryanh94

nryanh94

I've contacted Hunter Hopkins and they recommended a Dr in cary as well. The practice is whole health solutions. While she looks good and I'm interested in trying IV vitiatmins, I'm very skeptical of trying IV glutathione which she reccomends

8. rel8ted

rel8ted

VA
    There was one doc they had marked as alternative and another as "very alternative"
    Maybe this is one of them. I would have to hear a LOT of rave reviews to make the 3 hour trip for a chance at anyone winning cash & fabulous prizes by successfully starting an IV on the first try in one of my veins :(.

Can we please have a doc in our area who is ME knowledgeable and does not want to high pressure sell alternative therapies? I've been on this road two decades and could own an second home with money spent on such things. I think we all just want to be treated with dignity by someone competent who will not sell us useless treatments. Your ME is not my ME and what works for me may not work for you.

9. nryanh94

nryanh94

The Dr recommended to me was Joanne Pizino in Cary. From looking at her site it seems that she focuses on a Wholistic approach, much like Dr Black

See more popular forum discussions.