• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Judith Orloff

I looked at some Dr. Orloff's books on Amazon and videos on YouTube. She seems to be very popular and has or had a TV show on NPR. I noticed in her books (I mostly looked at the introductions in "look inside this book"--you can search for keywords) she refers to CFS and fibromyalgia as "psychosomatic" diseases and diseases "believed" to have mental contributions, and she sometimes says "chronic fatigue" but it's quite clear what she means. Her cure is "Energy Psychiatry." I am rather horrified, and not sure what to do, if anything.

free at last

I looked at some Dr. Orloff's books on Amazon and videos on YouTube. She seems to be very popular and has or had a TV show on NPR. I noticed in her books (I mostly looked at the introductions in "look inside this book"--you can search for keywords) she refers to CFS and fibromyalgia as "psychosomatic" diseases and diseases "believed" to have mental contributions, and she sometimes says "chronic fatigue" but it's quite clear what she means. Her cure is "Energy Psychiatry." I am rather horrified, and not sure what to do, if anything.
One Idea Helen ignore her and her books, i think the studies showing this not to be the case, the hormone studies recently, show just how out of touch these so called specialits are, to ignore the evidence that is continuing to mount up about biological changes to ME/CFS patients really speaks for itself, ignorance of a most unbeliavable disregard to the known facts, Really just leaves me gobsmacked, some people will never belive in a biological cause, even when the evidence is overwhelming, and for that reason not worth wasting your time thinking about research like that.