• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Juan Bahamon and Dr. Mendizabal, Neurologists, in Corpus Christi Tx

All I can say is if you want a doctor to make you feel like you're more insane than you already feel at some points in your day then, please, go see these guys. I was sent to Dr. Mendizabal because I have POTS now. My BP is going so low that I am now going into some sort of convulsions. He referred me back to the cardiologist. My 3rd trip and admission to the hospital in September I had the pleasure of seeing his partner, Dr. Bahamon. First, were you aware that Phenergan (for nausea), and some other things like Nyquil and such, can show up as extacy in a drug screen? Yep! You got it. The first hospital ran it. I told them I was taking Phenergan so they didn't think anything about it. Apparently, Dr. Bahamon decided he only wanted to see that I was using extacy, have tattoos, a pierced nose and pink coloring in my hair and that made up his mind. I'm a drug seeker, a liar and all I needed to do was get up and move around and my BP would even out. I needed to "think" about not being epileptic -- because I'M NOT -- and I will stop having these "pseudo-seizures".

This man made me so mad that I basically told him that he was dismissed. He was no longer needed and he could leave my room. I then decided that if that was the way it was going to be then I was just going to check myself out of the hospital. My primary care physician wanted me to stay. So, I decided to stay. Well, the nurse decided she wanted me to go, had my discharge and AMA papers ready to be signed, had called my cardiologist and one of the managers had called security on me. REALLY??? What am I going to do? I can barely stand up without passing out!!!

All of this because I let one small minded individual get to me. I had just had it out with all of my sisters and they are no longer in my life and the last thing I needed was HIM telling me that I am a faker as well. I over reacted, yes. However, after this being my 3rd trip to the hospital and being admitted in 1 month, I was mentally and physically worn out.

So, if you are thinking about going to see those neurologists, you might want to think again.