Red Hot researchers spice up Chilli ME Challenge — Live!
Watch renowned researchers Drs. Ian Lipkin and Mady Hornig take the Chilli ME Challenge, LIVE from New York by webcast this coming Wednesday, 1st July at 1 p.m. EST.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Jose Montoya Acyclovir protocol

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by minkeygirl, Mar 15, 2014.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I was going through some old emails and found this.

Has anyone seen this or know what his protocol is for acyclovir? I cannot take Valtrex or Famvir. I'm currently on 1600 mgs acyclovir and it does help me. I have HHV-6 but had severe HSV in college. Since being on the Acyclovir I have not had a single outbreak.

Below is a 6 month protocol

"Dr. Montoya says many people with HSV1 and/or HSV2 make very good improvements on the high dose acyclovir after 12 to 18 months.

800—30 days
    1600—60 days
    2400—90 days"

2. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    what happens after 6 months?

3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    That's what I don't know. Someone sent me that in an email from someone they knew who was doing that protocol with Montoya.

So that's exactly what I want to know.

4. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Ah I see.

5. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    I'm thinking you stay at the 2,400 dose after the 6 months. I've read about 'ramping up' the dose. So that may be what he's doing with the initial doses of 800 and 1600.

I recently tested for HSV1 and HSV2 antibodies and my doctor prescribed 800mg 3times/day right from the start.

Minkeygirl - how is the acyclovir helping you ?

See more popular forum discussions.