• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Jose Montoya Acyclovir protocol

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I was going through some old emails and found this.

Has anyone seen this or know what his protocol is for acyclovir? I cannot take Valtrex or Famvir. I'm currently on 1600 mgs acyclovir and it does help me. I have HHV-6 but had severe HSV in college. Since being on the Acyclovir I have not had a single outbreak.

Below is a 6 month protocol

"Dr. Montoya says many people with HSV1 and/or HSV2 make very good improvements on the high dose acyclovir after 12 to 18 months.

800—30 days
1600—60 days
2400—90 days"

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
That's what I don't know. Someone sent me that in an email from someone they knew who was doing that protocol with Montoya.

So that's exactly what I want to know.

globalpilot

I'm thinking you stay at the 2,400 dose after the 6 months. I've read about 'ramping up' the dose. So that may be what he's doing with the initial doses of 800 and 1600.

I recently tested for HSV1 and HSV2 antibodies and my doctor prescribed 800mg 3times/day right from the start.

Minkeygirl - how is the acyclovir helping you ?

StarChild56

I know this is an old thread, but since I just began taking 1g of Valtrex 3x a day after my testing for HSV with Dr. Kaufman, I am curious how @minkeygirl and @globalpilot are doing/did. I've only been on them a week or two.