• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Ian Lipkin's $1.27m gut microbiome study - crowdfunding campaign - news and updates

Bob

The Microbe Discovery Project team said:
Great news today! The project has received another large donation from a generous donor.

Every donation counts, and we're so grateful to receive donations of every size... Thank you so much to everyone for your continued support of the project.

Today's Crowdfunding Update.

The latest crowdfunding total is:

$137,475 from 704 donations.

Thanku to everyone! :hug:

Bob

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just made my September donation to the project.

Nice to see we have suddenly jumped up a huge whack! Someone has been very generous. :thumbsup:

If you're still wanting messages to put on FB from donors, here's mine (no problem if you're sick of me!):

I've just made my latest monthly donation to the project. Dr Lipkin made a big impact when he visited the UK earlier this month - I'm hoping he'll get the UK researchers that he met as excited about ME and the microbiome as I am. His study would be a major event in the scientific literature - let's get it funded!​

Bob

The Microbe Discovery Project team said:
Facebook Post

More fantastic fundraising efforts! :) :balloons:

Hazel wrote to us that she held a Cake-in-the-Garden fundraising event for Dr Lipkin and Dr Hornig's microbiome project. The event raised $650!

She served tea, coffee and cakes in her garden, and had a raffle, tombola and bookstall, from 11 am – 4 pm. Hazel said she couldn't quite believe how successful the event was, and how much she raised.

For the rest of the story, please visit the our Facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/microbedis...41830.629692043766500/717326988336338/?type=1

Click image for full size:
Hazel Garden Event.jpg

SB_1108

Can we discuss anymore marketing ideas? Are there plans for the next few months? Does any one have any fresh ideas?