Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Hyde confirms Dr Chia's 30-40% success rate

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Jesse2233, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California

Starts at 36:51

"[Dr Chia] has had some total cures... 30-40% success rate"

I haven't seen it discussed before (perhaps because the video is not directly searchable). But given Dr Hyde's general skepticism (and fatalistic outlook on treatment), this statement seems to throw some solid (albeit anecdotal) weight behind Dr Chia's Equilibrant / ARV recovery reports and theory of enteroviral ME

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Little Bluestem, ErdemX, zzz and 13 others like this.
  2. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

what's ARV recovery reports? sorry, I missed that

thanks for posting

3. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    Anti-retrovrials lumiduvine and tenofovir. They help some

ebethc and Manganus like this.
  4. TreePerson

TreePerson Senior Member

U.K.
    Is Equilibrant the treatment that you can only try once because it may not work a second time? Or at least only works once for some people? I remember reading this on one of the threads a few weeks ago and now can't for the life of me remember which treatment it applied to. I have been searching to find it again but no luck.

5. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

@Jesse2233

He looked younger then, when was this and how do you find these videos ? I've never seen this one.

I just had my enterovirus positive results from Dr Chia and called to see if he would do a skype appointement to treat me but he doesn't. I would have to go to Califnornia. Lots of trouble and money. I think he should do skypes.

6. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    @Dechi yes probably not worth the travel, did Dr Hyde ever mention Dr Chia's work to you? The video above is from a few years back so it may not reflect his current thinking

Dechi likes this.
  7. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    Yes this is what Dr Chia has found

TreePerson likes this.
  8. TreePerson

TreePerson Senior Member

U.K.
    Thanks very much! :thumbsup:

9. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Dr Chia found that in small number of cases, patients who improved or got remission from oxymatrine, and then stopped taking it too soon after and replased, may fail to respond to oxymatrine second time. So if it is working, you'd want to keep taking it to avoid this possibility However, for most people, they can take it a second time, and it will still work again on the second occasion as well.

Once the benefits of oxymatrine have manifested, Dr Chia says men can stop taking it after 3 to 6 months; but women usually have to continue taking oxymatrine, otherwise they relapse and get worse again. Ref: 1

More info on oxymatrine:
    Dr Chia: Oxymatrine
    Oxymatrine, Autoimmunity, ME/CFS and FM
    Quixotic: Equilibrant
    Invest in ME 2010 conference transcript
    oxymatrine effects
    immunomodulators info

jimmy86, Sancar, ebethc and 5 others like this.
  10. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

No, he hasn't. Unfortunately I don't get to ask many questions when I see him, there never is any time ! :-(. Too much to do, even when I spend the whole day.

11. Wonkmonk

Wonkmonk Senior Member

Germany
    Is Lamivudine the same class of substance as Brivudine? Brivudine is a very potent anti-herpes virus drug, esp. Varicella, HSV1 and at least one study has shown it to be very effective against EBV as well.

I am taking it for the 3rd week now and it feels like it has a good effect, possibly better than Valacyclovir which I took before.

I am strongly convinced my CFS is caused by herpesvirus (elevated titers for HSV-1, VZV and EBV-EA), but some suggested I might be barking on the wrong tree and it may be a retrovirus and the herpes drugs might just also be effective against retrovirus which is causing some sucess of treatment.

That said, I find Dr. Lerners theory of herpes virus non-permissive replication very convincing.

Sancar likes this.
  12. Never Give Up

Never Give Up Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

They are both antiretrovirals, but I think Brivudine is Herpes specific.

13. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I found the bit about plant bacteria spraying interesting but surely that's different to enterovirus

14. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    Yes I never knew about that. I think his point was that the plant bacteria are part of a larger context of immune insults that make people more predisposed to enterovirus infection

See more popular forum discussions.