Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Horowitz on Chronic Lyme

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Helen, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Mel9

Mel9 Senior Member

NSW Australia

My LLD has me on:

Clarithromycin 250mg (2 twice a day)
    Cefuroxime 250mg (2 twice a day)
    Kirkman Biofilm defence (2 twice a day)
    Nilstat (nystatin) 2 three times a day.
    metronidazole 400mg (1 twice a day) on two consecutive days per week ('pulsing')

While taking these I feel much better.
    If I forget any of these my symptoms worsen.
    So, they are working.

The biofilm defence and metronidazole both caused severe Herx reactions at first so I needed to start very gradually. Basica Alkalising powder prevents some of the Herx pain.

Btw: feeel good today now I am back on the antibiotics regime. Such a relief.

Izola likes this.
  2. duncan

duncan Senior Member

@Mel9, Im glad you are getting some relief from the protocol you're on. Sometimes abx can help me, sometimes not. I am just coming off dapsone and Cefuroxime and Rifampen and plaquenil.

Now I am only on plaquenil.

I had been in very bad shape before starting the daposne regimen; I seemed to improve while on it for a while, but then nosed dived.

So, I cannot figure it out. lol

3. Mel9

Mel9 Senior Member

NSW Australia

So sorry
    How does clarithromycin alone affect you?

4. duncan

duncan Senior Member

Sorry, I was on mino instead of Cef. Clarithromycin? I do not remember. It is possible I never took that, but I doubt it. I have tried so many over the years, off and on.

5. Mel9

Mel9 Senior Member

NSW Australia

Before I found out I had a Borrelia infection, an infectious diseases doctor had me on Clarithromycin because it was obvious that I had some sort of bacterial infection. That gave me a year of relief from the worst of the disease.

duncan likes this.
  6. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    Helen and Learner1 like this.
  7. duncan

duncan Senior Member

If I recall correctly, at least half of that two needed IVIG till she/he was recovered enough to use that word. I think anyone interested in stevia should read Eva Sapi's research. As for dapsone, eh, all the hype really boils down to in vitro stuff - at least so far, I believe.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017

See more popular forum discussions.