1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Hain on OI / Orthostatic Hypotension

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by xchocoholic, May 20, 2012.

1. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    This doctor has a familiar view of OH but IMHO is worth reviewing because he actually goes into some details than I haven't seen before. He even looks for some causes ... I only copied in a tiny bit of this article. He has a section called "Laboratory TESTS for orthostatic hyptension" that I want to look at further. tc ... x

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/medical/orthostatic.html

2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Just the last part of the previous quote ...

3. INKY

INKY Inky

Brighton
    I have had bouts of this, usually after exertion, on standing up, have to hold on till body catches up. I understood it to be a 'normal', (if any M.E. symptoms can be regarded as such) also have low blood pressure, which seems to run in the family.
    Since ensuring my Vitamin D intake at about four times RDA, by using Evaporared Milk ,it has reduced. British milk apparently no longer contains Vit.D. The process whereby milk no longer seperates apparently destroys or removes it, although even recently published articles still cite milk as source of Vit.D.
    Recently there have been News articles of children being removed from parents when Rickets fractures presumed to be abuse because the Doctors have no experience of Rickets. Odd as according to food industry our various foodstuffs are being mightily fortified with Vit.D and others.

See more popular forum discussions.