1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Enlander to speak in the House of Lords

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Nielk, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Royal crown.jpg

Dr. Derek Enlander of NY (originally from Ireland) has been invited by the Countess of Mar to speak on ME/CFS in a meeting in the House of Lords in London on 6th March 2012
  2. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Brilliant news!
    Nielk likes this.
  3. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    "And I prescribe a dose of Imodium, for Dr Wessely, every time he opens his mouth, because he seems to have oral diarrhea!"

...sorry, just wishful thinking on what I'd like ot hear said in the House of Lords :D
  4. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Well he is Physician in Waiting to the Queen when she in New York. What a dear lovely man he is, shame for us he lives in the US now:( but would he be allowed to practice how he does if he was here, not a chance.
  5. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Should I suggest it to him??:cool:
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Yes, I agree - a dear lovely man - who happens to be brilliant and so caring to fight this illness.
  7. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Great things Nielk - not quite so stupid in our House of Lords (your Senate) are they - Countess of Marr back breaking work for decades.
    Nielk likes this.
  8. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Can you imagine the Senate inviting him to speak? It would never happen. You Countess of Marr is exceptional!
  9. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Of all your Senators Neilk there must be one connected/familiar with/first hand knowledge of/no longer willing to hide/sees the extent of the disease for millions US - who can surely take up this cause.
  10. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Dr Enlander often sees patients in the UK when he is here. I've seen him as a patient in London. Agree completely that he is a wonderful doctor and a wonderful man.

I'm really happy to hear about the HoL's
  11. SilverbladeTE

LOL ;)

As Val Kilmer's character said in "Willow":
    "Tempting, but.....no!" :D

(one of my fave ever movie lines that, hehe! go to about 7:15 in)

[video=youtube;pG7KFbn5-UQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG7KFbn5-UQ[/video]
  12. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Silver,

Dr. Enlander is actually going to be giving a talk in Belfast on March 1. I guess it is too far for you to travel there? I looked it up (google). It says almost 5 hours.
  13. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    In case anyone is questioning my sanity as to why I would waste my time to look this information up, you are right I am in too much pain today to do anything else. I can't move my head for the excruciating pain. I can't watch tv or listen to music. The noise is too much. I can't do my art, even in bed because the light has to be very dim. If this keeps up for a while, I would be checking my sanity myself.
  14. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Neilk join the club - no I for one am not doubting your sanity, I do things like this all the time. Its evidence to me of a once bright, sharp brain bored witless by the constraints of a body that does not work,just desperate for something to do.
    ixchelkali and Nielk like this.
  15. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Morning Neilk,

Do you have a link to this news of Enlander appearing in the Lords by any chance? I would like to pass on this information, though I can contact Lady Mar if needs be.

I wonder if it is a sub-meeting of the Lords or indeed at the meeting of Forward ME - the parliamentarian group that Lady Mar is involved with (used to Chair but am not sure if she does any longer due to her health I think).

Thanks
  16. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Hi Firestormm,

I don't have a link. I first heard it from Dr. Enlander himself. Then it was posted on his FB page. I did see Mary Schweitzer (who goes to him now for Ampligen) write about it and mention that it is for the group " ForwardME". I don't have an official link though.
  17. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Ok. Many thanks.
  18. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Morning,

I asked Dr Shepherd if he knew anything about this House of Lords speech, and he was able to confirm the meeting is with Forward ME on the 6th as you said, rather than in the House of Lords chamber itself. It should be covered in the minutes of that meeting, and I'll try to get hold of them when they're published if I can.
  19. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    That would be great! Thanks firestormm.
  20. SilverbladeTE

Nielk,
    alas maybe once or twice a year (and not in last two years) I manage to get jsut to Glasgow, which is only half hour+ away
    so alas, no way to see him :/

See more popular forum discussions.