1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Enlander and OI using EECP

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by jackson, Dec 26, 2010.

1. jackson

jackson

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Jackson,

Thanks for posting this! Is he doing this in New York? This is actually an old treatment that was used for cardiac patients before they started doing bypass surgery--though I don't know if it was timed for the counter-pulses to go with diastolic function. A few cardiologists still offer this. I have never seen it prescribed for OI, but it sounds great!

Sushi
  3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Yes, Dr. Enlander provides this treatment in his office in NYC.
    I had it done twice so far.
    I would continue with it but, it's too hard for me at this point to travel into the city.

I would definitely try it more if and when I can travel more easily.
    It's like getting aerobic exercise without the adverse side effects pwc usually get.

See more popular forum discussions.