• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller:TwoInterview Podcasts and Conficcts of Interest

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2018/04/16/trial-by-error-two-interview-podcasts-and-conflicts-of-interest/

Trial By Error: Two Interview Podcasts, and “Conflicts of Interest”
16 APRIL 2018
By David Tuller, DrPH

For those not yet sick of my voice, here are two more chances to hear me reiterate variations of my message:

On Monday morning, I was interviewed in Perth for the radio show Mornings with Gareth Parker, on the 6PR882 Talk Radio network. (Never mind that the description in the link below identifies me as being from Berkley University.)

And last Wednesday, before flying from Adelaide to Perth, I was interviewed for a podcast on Radio Adelaide, along with long-time ME/CFS patients Penelope McMillan and Tania Emma. The podcast was posted on Sunday.

There has been a twitter debate about whether I have “conflicts of interest” because I have sought and am again seeking funding from the patient and advocacy community to continue my investigation into PACE and related matters. Here’s my perspective: I currently have more than 1000 potential conflicts of interest. That’s because I received more than 1000 donations during my crowdfunding campaign last year, and they are all part of the pool of money that Berkeley has been using to pay my half-time salary and benefits since July 1st, 2017. Starting this July,