• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller:Trial By Error: Current NICE Guidance Stands, For Now 23 OCTOBER 2017

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2017/10/23/trial-by-error-current-nice-guidance-stands-for-now/

Here is an extract:

Trial By Error: Current NICE Guidance Stands, For Now
23 OCTOBER 2017
By David Tuller, DrPH

Last week I sent an e-mail with some questions to Sir Andrew Dillon, the chief executive of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). In particular, the questions involved the status of the ten-year-old guidance for CFS/ME, CG53, and of references to the illness elsewhere within the NICE system.

A few days ago, I received Sir Andrew’s response. He indicated that the current guidance remains in effect while NICE undergoes the process of developing the updated version. Whether and how much the NICE recommendations actually change in the updated version is apparently up to the new guideline committee.

Here’s what Sir Andrew wrote:

“The current guideline remains in force until it is replaced by the next version. The decision to update was based on the potential for the evidence published since the guideline was introduced, together with the views put forward by stakeholders to change the current recommendations. Whether that potential is realised is a matter for the new guideline committee to decide, as they apply our guideline development methods and undertake consultation with stakeholders. Other NICE guidance which refers to our CFS/ME recommendations will reviewed [sic] and amended if necessary once the new guideline has been published.”

Dolphin

Harms.PNG

Art Vandelay