• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: My Berkeley-Backed Crowd-Funding Campaign 2nd April 2018

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2018/04/02/trial-by-error-my-berkeley-backed-crowdfunding-campaign/

Trial By Error: My Berkeley-Backed Crowdfunding Campaign
2 April 2018
By David Tuller, DrPH

A couple of times a year, Berkeley offers campus projects an opportunity to crowdfund on the university’s platform. So unlike last year, when I used a third-party site, this time my ME/CFS project is crowdfunding money directly into Berkeley. That saves a lot of hassle, and it also means less money lost in fees.

I want to thank Berkeley for its strong support for my ongoing efforts to debunk bad science, and to the Center for Global Public Health in particular for providing me with a campus home. I also want to thank colleagues at the School of Public Health, who reviewed the PACE trial at my request, were unanimously shocked at its flaws, and encouraged me to pursue the project in the first place. The PACE trial is now used in Berkeley graduate epidemiology seminars as a terrific example of terrible research. So it has become a great pedagogical tool, although that hardly makes up for all the damage it has caused.

My project has long since moved beyond its initial focus on PACE.