1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Daniel Peterson Video & the IOM Contract

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Delia, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Delia

Delia Senior Member

Iowa
    Great points in here to help fight the IOM contract...

Iquitos, Helen, aimossy and 3 others like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I think this video has another thread, but not one devoted to this video and the IOM. So I ask that it be kept separate if this is the case, so the IOM discussion can occur here.The original is here:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-in-sweden-15-october-2013.26194/#post-400327

Peterson clearly makes a case for the adoption of the CCC. He was one of the original signatories of the letter aimed at stopping the IOM and adopting the CCC. He is one of the most recognized experts on ME and CFS in the world. He is at both the cutting edge of research and of clinical practice.

I find it interesting he cites 19 million as the world prevalence, not the usual 17 million. Its also interesting that he cites the prevalence is about the same in minority groups, but less visible as many of those cannot afford proper healthcare.

justinreilly, JohnnyD, SOC and 2 others like this.
  3. Helen

Helen Senior Member

I agree with you Alex. Peterson also clearly stated, while lecturing for the patient group , that we all have to take action as the outcome of the IOM work will have an impact all over the world.

justinreilly, Delia, alex3619 and 2 others like this.
  4. Delia

Delia Senior Member

Iowa
    Oh I should have written title better. Wanted it for support for arguments.

5. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Apparently, with the new upgrade, you can now amend your title should you wish to.

Delia likes this.
  6. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    I like that during the Q7A the point was made about psych diagnoses use no biomarker. This point needs to be repeated regularly; like Alex;s signature :)

Delia, Iquitos, justinreilly and 3 others like this.
  7. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    @Delia - You can edit your own title. Maybe to something like this? 'Dr. Peterson Speaks Before Swedish Parliament Endorsing CCC and Advising Against IOM'?

Delia likes this.
  8. Delia

Delia Senior Member

Iowa
    Thanks! Sushi did it for me. Right now I can't waste a brain cell on learning a simple thing like that! At this point those things are like brain twisters to me, and I'm working hard on the IOM fight so I have to pick and choose!

But I appreciate everyone's help!

Nielk likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.